MMOMinion

Full Version: Lifetime - possible explanation ;)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This thread will be probably closed but i wish to explain it form point of view european businessman. Laws in EU are different then in US. In this case in US "lifetime" means "until it works", in EU it means "lifetime". So let's say SE will somehow ban botting. In this case company selling lifetimes in EU is screwed - they have to return all money from lifetimes. Let's be honest - we are cheaters. Most of us would use opportunity to get some money back (i wouldnt because of time and respect for developers as i'm developer also).

So making something shady with suport longer that 90 days is just oo risky for any company. I don't know if you remember case of ffxiapp. It was lifetime, it was awesome but at some point developers weren't earning any money and had to support it still. So they decided to close project. In EU they would be screwed.

So - with ff14minion we are making decent amount of gils/money/levels. 7€/mo. isn't much for this.
Even if you don't think about the possible law issue or anything, why would you make a lifetime sub insteand of keeping a monthly fee?
Lifetime subs are just like the MMO going F2P, the devs make a quick buck at first then have to basically work for free until they decide to let it die. It doesn't make any sense.

Anyway, inb4 lock. Lifetime vs Monthly sub isn't up for debate.
Actually, that's not why I closed the project, it was legal issues! But, I do wish I went with a monthly charge like you guys. My way of reoccurring revenue was from locking it to specific characters. Without that, income would have been much longer.

While I am OK with you charging monthly, I think you should allow more than one character to use it at one time =] Maybe 2/3 per account on the same IP.
Tbh IMO we're not really paying for the bot, we're paying for the prestige of this being a top of the line bot and speedy updates from the dev. As far as I've seen, there's nothing else out there that come even close to comparison...
we are paying for support and the usage of a service. Its no different then paying you internet or paying for the game. Lets say you got a life time sub. and the game becomes boring/not profitable. So now you dont play the game and you wasted all that money on a lifetime sub. The way it is now just like the game if you dont want toplay you just dont pay. then if 3 months down the road you find you want to play/bot again you just renew the sub. I think its a win/win for everyone. Only thing i wish we had was multibot keys. Say you have 16 bots. instead of buying 16 individual keys maybe buy a bulk key that could operate more hten one bot. For instance 4 bots per keycode would cost the same as buying 4 individual bots. This way instead of having to keep track of 16 bot codes you only have to keep track of 4. and with duties being 4 man teams i think this would be a big buy. People would buy 1x4bot keycodes or 2x4 bot keycodes to run their own 4man/8man groups.