MMOMinion

Full Version: Just in case it wasn't clear enough... DON'T EXPLOIT IN THE 2ND COIL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From the patch 2.21 notes:
Quote:Countermeasures to prevent exploits in the Second Coil of Bahamut have been implemented.
* Please be advised that we will be strengthening measures to monitor and counteract illicit activity. Any player found to be in violation of the Terms of Service will be subject to the confiscation of illegitimately obtained items, as well as the temporary suspension or banning of their account.

Wonder how many peoples actually got banned for it. Cutesmile
besides teleporting, what's that exploits actually?
Why would anyone even try to cheat new coil? That's their baby, there gonna watching that like a hawk!
(04-09-2014, 12:11 PM)penpen01 Wrote: [ -> ]besides teleporting, what's that exploits actually?
That's it, people teleporting around to kill it.

(04-09-2014, 12:14 PM)feardragonx Wrote: [ -> ]Why would anyone even try to cheat new coil? That's their baby, there gonna watching that like a hawk!
Tell that to the people that got banned for it already. Smile
(04-09-2014, 12:14 PM)feardragonx Wrote: [ -> ]Why would anyone even try to cheat new coil? That's their baby, there gonna watching that like a hawk!

No shit. I mean I'm sure they've long been privy but moronic behavior is a quick way to ruin it for those of us blessed with common sense.

You go in there and solo a boss that's only been done a few times ww.... Or kill something that takes a high end coordinated group with some rag tag makeup during the first week live.. I mean wtf did u think was gonna happen?

Atleast they took one for the team persay lol. My account means too much to me. I put in hundreds of hours by hand long before I had minion so I'll be damned if I do anything to risk it. We couldn't expect them to let their half assed security stay that way permanently anyhow. Hopefully the devs are prepared for something like warden cause it's coming :p

IMHO teleporting is this bots bread and butter. When that is lost... Assuming your jobs are leveled their won't be much to do with it. If they find a work around for the double cast bs among other things, It will still be nice for rotations but as it sits their are certain situations in which you are much better off playing by hand. (Assuming you don't suck :p)

Time will tell. Interesting times to play an Mmorpg that's for sure. Many leaving ffxiv due to it's limited itemization, tiered progression, and wowification. That coupled with wildstar, ESO, and not too long thereafter eqn - makes me a bit apprehensive about this games future.

If it starts showing a bit too much attrition, all I have to look forward to is pantheon and that's stop years off :(

When will a dev make a game true to the genre instead of to their wallets :( thx again blizzard! Epic fail!

(+1 for most off topic derailed post evar!)
It was only a 72 hour ban you mook. :)
still amazing its only 72hrs lol
In FFXI they would often tell you it was 72 hours and then perma you after. Don't count on it being 72 only.
so, if SE develops a detection system, or counter measure against teleporter.. it is botting community's fault?

actually that's about right, the SE observes and catches players doing the shit we do, the more they will learn how to stop us.