MMOMinion

Full Version: Leveling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So havent had any luck fate grinding, even with a evac point I die regardless of where I go, thinking about just grinding mobs anyone think its viable?
fate grinding still will be your best bet. Basically just join a fate group. or join 3 other people on your server and duty farm
If you're dying no matter where you go, you're either going to areas that are too hard for you, are in very bad gear, or don't have your rest/flee values configured correctly. I've leveled every class on fates, and I also attempted pure grind mode, and I can tell you that it will get you fucking nowhere.
Im in level appropriate areas, based on areas used for atma grinding so i can actually have people to go around with, but conjurer isnt the best at killing stuff. Went to areas 5 level lower and its fine.
I agree with aceRage. This could be a combination of problems. Most likely configuration. It's harder for people to assist you with such little information though. What level is your Conjurer? What Fates were you doing?

If the mobs are higher level than you, then you should expect to die more often. If they are even level or 1-2 levels below, they can still be a problem when you consider AoE damage from all the Fate mobs near you etc. If you absolutely have to fight in those Fates, you can configure it to only cast offensive spells on mobs that are below a certain HP % (e.g: 90) to have a greater chance at casting on mobs that are being tanked/fought by another player.
The issue was the area was too big and im too new at it to figure out how to restrict or tp I was trying to do the fates around Little ala and forgotten springs, but the run in between had 40 mobs killing me my cnj was 32 at the time, If i could of figured out how to get it to stay down south or just north or to tp to avoid the center i would of been fine, went to a different area i'm having no issues now
I know that area and it doesn't help that some of those mobs slow your movement speed with their attacks, so it's difficult for the bot to get away. If the bot could use the in-game-teleport ability it could avoid having to travel through that danger zone with high level mobs, but I don't think it can do that. I haven't messed with the MeshManager much at all, but I know you can designate dangerous areas to avoid. That might be a good starting point to improve the quality of Fate grinding in Southern Thanalan for mid level ranges.
um dont fate grind in that area simple enough.. 1-20 aleport 20-30 quarrymill 30-40 costa de sol 40-50 corthaes
Yeah that area just isnt worth the time it seems, and costa and corthaes are dead because of atmas, so im just leaching off of atma areas, at camp bronze lake currenty
bumping this thread for more info on how to not die on fates,

so at moment im at dragonhead at lvl 41 fate grinding 35 to 38, i sometimes die my flee set to 35 and i have rest in fates on, so any advice would be nice :)
Pages: 1 2