MMOMinion

Full Version: New to the community! Question though.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So with playing around with the bot some I noticed the markers profile and what not. But I didn't see one for grinding, like following a set path to get a variety of mobs vs whats around you in a 50m radius. I was wondering if someone has already made some for levels 10+. I did a search on the forums and didn't turn up anything about grinding markers/profiles.

I know I can get my own,but I wanted to get a good feel for the bot with how it acts and what not given its default and profile settings. I have also noticed the Bot does not get out of AOE areas from the mobs, could that be added?
For grind mode you don't need any makers,the mesh given with default is enough.I just TP to the area and then start.
There is already a addon can make you aviod aoe,it can be easily find at the LUA Modules / Addons channel.
Yea I've been looking around in there and all. And I tried the default mesh. I tp'ed to an area and the character just stayed within a 10 meter radius, not really going far from the starting point. This is a dead give away of a bot.
I have botted more than 60 accs,with grind mode level 1-15.And I only use the default mesh,its enough for me.
The mesh surport most area.If not,you can make a navigation mesh yourself.Believe me it's far easier than just wait.The only thing to do is this:open [MeshManager]->open [Editor]->write a meshname at the [New Meshfile Name]->select [Record Mesh]->walk around where you want to grind->turn off the [Record Mesh]->[Save Navmesh].
(04-30-2014, 12:07 AM)TheOneWolf Wrote: [ -> ]Yea I've been looking around in there and all. And I tried the default mesh. I tp'ed to an area and the character just stayed within a 10 meter radius, not really going far from the starting point. This is a dead give away of a bot.

Actually, that's what most people do when grinding for drops. It was way more common than you think. Before I start using minion, I stayed at one spot and killed the same mob about 1000x for one particular drop for alchemy ( It was low drop rate and I needed a stack of it .
the current system will be changing with the current marker system you have a grind marker. Its not so much waypoints but markers saying in this radius around this marker kill these mobs for x level to y level or z amount of time. You can place multiple markers on the nav mesh you have loaded and say grind 1-4 at one marker 5-9 at hte next marker and 10-14 at the next marker. Or you can drop a marker if you are level 50, and say Grind at this marker for 1000 seconds, then grind at this marker for 1000 seconds then grind at this marker at 1000seconds. it will randomly choose between the 3 grind marker every 1000 seconds. If you only want to hunt specific mobs at each grind marker just Blist the mobs around those markers you do not want to kill. If you want you can get ACE's mod and tell it to hunt spcific mobs instead of blisting ones you dont want to attack.
I'm having trouble getting the grind part to work properly. I have no addons other than ymyko's toolbox loaded. It just sits there. If I add Ace's I can work around it in assist mode but I'd like grind to work with no addons.
All you need for grind mode to work is
1. on the right mesh. You can check this by toggle in mesh manager to see if you are on a yellow mesh.
2. have a appropriate grind marker. You can check this by click on maker manager and see if a grind marker ( red ) exist on the mesh where you want to grind and the level is actually correct. If you are level 10 and the grinder is only fro 1-5. the bot will not do a thing.
3. have the correct skill profile. Check to see if your active profile actually matches the class you are using.
Hmm yeah. All that seems to be in order. I placed a Grind marker (red). It's 1-50. I'm on 50 BLM with BLM3.0 selected. I'll have to mess around with it more.

EDIT: Fresh install cured it. Thanks for the help!