MMOMinion

Full Version: Final Fantasy XIV 1.0 keys still viable?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, I want to make sure this is clear and understood properly as I can't find a solid answer at all via google which surprises me.

I am going to make my first foray into multi boxing. I am not interested in a box or any physical media (2nd PC doesn't even have an optical drive these days).

I have found that eBay has copies of ffxiv 1.0 for 10-15 dollars. Much cheaper than I've been able to find ffxiv arr even when simply seeking a cd key at 25-30 dollars.

I would be a moron to pay nearly/double if the 1.0 cd keys are still valid/viable.

Does anyone know 100% for sure? Not CE, not buddy codes, the actual cd key to register a new account with a free month. Never previously registered. Are these valid or were they all disabled/people scheming?

Thank you! I'm pinching pennies and knowing this and potentially saving the $$ will make all the difference in the world :p
no 1.0 game no longer exsists you cannot use those cd keys.. you can find FFXIV-ARR cd keys for about 20$ on a couple of websites. The only way those keys would do you any good is if you wanted "legacy" status other then that they are worthless.
From what I have read they are still good. Try it and find out?

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1...ys_to_get/
Ok Jackie - thank you. I'll take your word as gospel for obvious reasons. Their is quite a bit of contradictory info out there. I know those previously registered were useable but my gut told me it wouldn't make sense to continue their viability (for the most part)

Shall have to keep my eyes peeled for the best deal I can find on them. I noticed a DD sale for 11 and some change which naturally, I missed by a mile!

Ty again!

And atmark - that is one of the threads I came across. I'll be glad to "try it out" if your paying :p

If I was willing to do such why would I have bothered to post this thread? /bonk
just wanted to reply to you guys. I spoke with some people at squares site and all keys work still including the unused/unregistered 1.0 keys.

several sources confirmed it. One having purchased a copy because the store was out of ARR copies. One using an old CE to fire up a game for his wife. And another guy quoted some info from square regarding them being valid (no clue where he got it, tried to copyimage but apparently it didnt take and im too lazy to go find my thread again and retry)

anyhow, glad i double checked :P
if you end up buying a key, will you report back what you found please?

Thanks
i bought some, they are still viable. disappointed with all the finaggling and uncertainty i lost out on some really good deals but i digress.

So yea, your safe to buy 1.0 games, just be sure they are completely unopened and unregistered.