MMOMinion

Full Version: Need help getting started!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I would like to get some help on using your Bot application. I recently bought it (today) and have been having troubles getting started. For the time being, I'm using the default mining profile, but I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction to help me set up the skill manager to get crafting from level 1-50. I understand that the addon was updated into the program, but I am clueless as the tutorial section is somewhat lacking in the crafting department.

I was also reading on how I can't use this to solo-queue dungeons. This is very sad because I would love to bot as a tank but it seems like only bots were made to cater to following and assisting. Any help on this aspect would be much appreciated as I'm a complete novice.

My main purpose was to use this bot to get it to level for me (Disciples of War/Hand) mainly, and I would appreciate it if anyone can help me. If someone can provide me with a detailed tutorial and/or help me walk through creating a skill-manager sheet to fit my crafting needs, I would appreciate it.

For the sake of convenience, if anyone has any working and viable additions for crafting leveling and dungeoning, let me know. If a trusted maker such as Signature or jackie (sp?) can set aside some time to create profiles for crafting from level 1-50, I am willing to throw in some extra cash.

If someone can teach me how to use the skill manager for a complete beginner, would be much appreciated. Tried out the tutorial/guide section and it was a completely too complicated for me. Maybe if there was a bit of an example (applied examples) to follow through so we can learn, would be great.

I can skype if anyone is willing to help, thanks!
Thanks for the response Jackie :).

I have read all the tutorial threads and maybe I'm just on the 'slow' side of things when it comes to the bot. I've figured out how to utilize crafting thanks to some threads (had to do a lot of digging and editing).

Do you know of any "private scripts" that can be used for players who want to use a "Warrior/Marauder" or "Dragoon" in a solo-queue dungeon for duty finder? What does everyone suggest a single-bot/account user do to level?

I tried using the built-in gathering and I read the tutorial as well too... But I had a problem. When it is asking for priority for items, I typed in shards like Lightning Shard but it didn't work. What is the exact word I have to use to put in there? Does MMOMinion have a list of keywords I should put in?

Again much appreciated.
fate grinds.. you cannot do duty mode solo... its for groups of 4 bots.
when it comes to gathering specific item names, Lightning Shard should work if you are doing the correct marker and gathering manager combo. example if you fill out marker A gathering prifority in the gathering manager but you are at marker B trying to gather it wont work. so confirm what marker you are actually standing at you can go to the navmesh and go to markers then click on select closest marker.
Wow didn't expect a response that quickly. Thanks! Will try this out.

Will there be any development for solo-queue dungeon or some form of an assist script so it does most of the skill using and all I have to do is move around.

Lastly~ Do I just click on those giant arrows/cursors that are on the gathering points to find the marker? I'm more of a visual learner so I would love to see maybe an updated video, if you know of any XD...

Do you think someone has made a video tutorial that consists of all the options (or most)? Would make my life and probably a lot of other people's lives easier. Reading helps but I feel like I'm just going through a trial and error method, and it tends to mess up at some point.
no you have gathering manager and and meshmanager.

so just go to where you want ot gather
open the meshmanager
go to markers
click on select closest marker
then it will select the marker so you know the name of the marker you are currently farming at.
then go to gather manager select that marker in teh drop down menu of the gathering manager
set up the prioirty and the time you want to spend at that marker.

unless you are running hte beta version of the bot.... which its different and you need to check the maker manager tutorial.
Alrighty will try it out! How does one know if they're participating in a beta? I just followed the installation guide in the forum to download my bot.

What kind of settings do you suggest for Fate? If I start the fate grinding bot, will it go to the respective level ones that I want, or should I be in the vicinity of it before starting it? (Like I can't start it in a city like Ul'Dah, but I can in the plains outside where fates are spawning?
yeah if you downloaded the ffxiv from your user CP then its the live version and not hte beta version.

http://mmominion.com/Thread-Tutorial-Fate-Grinding