MMOMinion

Full Version: Group Grind
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I'm trying to lvl a 2nd char, and to speed things up, I group with my high lvl char. I found two things now, that I can't find a setting for. First up, I set the low char to Grind (fates only), so that he's the first one to tag mobs. The other char is set to Party Grind.
Now when I join a fate, where the 2nd char is too high of lvl, it doesn't sync (setting is of course done under fates, dosn't work in that situation). 2nd, when I manually sync the 2nd char, after the fate when it's in lvl50 again, it has low HP, and waits to regen until it follows the first char.

Are those two things possible to improve through a setting? Or is it just the way it is, and I abuse the bot in a way it isn't intended? ;)

Edit: The sync seems to work, it just takes ~1min until the 2nd char syncs... it stands aside for a while, then runs in and syncs (no, there's no "wait for completion" set ;))
that may be an EA causing that issue since it has a sync feature built in it ot. default bot syncs right away. having the higher level character in group will actually slow you down. You wont get xp on non fate mobs. If you are out of group and follow the first bot around and let it tag mobs then 1 shot the mobs for him you can actually level 1-15 in about 15min.
if we are not in group, how do I set the second bot to follow the first one? Btw, 2nd bot seems to have a lot of fun circling around in one spot. Dunno what causes this, I just hope it isn't visible ;)
no i mean out of group manually play the 2nd character its only 15mins
I'm doing BRD from 40-50 in outer La Noscea, and it's dying all the time, so I've put a healer behind it ;) And that's a lot longer than 15mins. Playing around with betas now to find a good solution
oh beta has party grind mode where you can select a target to follow by name. why you leveling 40-50 that way just do duty mode to level.
I only have two chars, so I can't do instances... So fates is still the fastest way besides duties. I have seen the Party-Grind options in beta, but there's other things that don't work so good yet, so I'm trying Standard bot with EA beta right now. The following bot really circles a lot in place when the leading one changes direction, usually the 2nd bot then loses the first one and just stays where it is, until the first one comes near again.

Edit: Tested a bit more... when 2nd bot starts circling, I stop the first bot, then it follows again. Must be some directional issue, though prevents Party-Grind to work for fates
well the beta just uses follow in game i think. in the beta bot. but if you use party mode on the follow bot in party and grind mode on main bot it shouldnt have much issue if using live version. Nothing has changed with party grind in live version since forever lol.
I've watched it a while now, and I think it's a height related issue. Mostly the problem appears when first bot goes up or down the stairs that lead to the mines
I was going to use my alt account to follow me and help with maps for Novus but they follow and don't attack.

My main account is set to ASSIST and they are set to PARTY-GRIND and they do follow me, they just aren't attacking...they are set to correct skills
Pages: 1 2