MMOMinion

Full Version: How to read from / write to chat log
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A lot of ffxiv quality of life can be accessed through the chat log / battle log.

Example scenario
When a monster starts casting a skill:
Code:
ADS readies High Voltage.
will be written to the chat/battle log depending on how you have set up your log filters in ffxiv.

A potential response to that event could be:
Code:
/ac "Blunt Arrow" "ADS"
written back into the chat log

I see nothing in the documented API to read or write from chat log, so my question is: how do I get ffxivminion to read from the chat, and write to the chat log.

A possible way to achieve the desired results for the example scenario I have provided above is to use entity casting attributes https://github.com/MINIONBOTS/FFXIVMinio...attributes to check what is currently casting and if it matches skills id. However this is not the solution I am looking for is it is not as flexible in the breadth of scenarios I would like to cover.

EDIT 1: I am writing a LUA module and reading from chat log would make my life a lot easier.
There isn't a way to read the chat log...

It would take me like 5 min to add that function, but lua doesn't allow reading or writing to memory either D:

You think there would be a simple available lua module you could import to read and write memory, but you would be wrong...

So when I get time I got to figure out how to write lua modules.
Would be nice if there was an event handler that is called every time a message is sent through chat log.

Just to make what I am looking for clear, I added some jibberish code that doesn't exist. But you should be able to see what I am looking for.

PHP Code:
function OnChatHandlerEvent )

local text Event.message

-- source of text from event (linkshell/fc/say/battle/etc..)

local source Event.source

if (text)
        -- do 
some stuff

-- do more stuff

local reply 
"" -- reply to event goes here

-- send to party chat
        Chat
:Send("/p " .. reply)

end
end

RegisterEventHandler
("Chat.Update"OnChatHandler

Is there something similar or along these lines that exists?