MMOMinion

Full Version: Random crashing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
im not sure what it is but lately it seems the bot crashes a lot, i have never had many problems running minion or the game at all so this is very frustrating to me. i have tried using live version/beta version both with and with out any addons and it still seems to happen at random intervals sometime it will run fine for a few hours then other times it will only run for a few minutes then my game just completely disappears no error message no 90k or anything just poof the process vanishes. i have been trying to find out what is causing the bot to crash the game but i just cant seems to find any reason for it. it only seemed to start happening as of last few weeks so maybe the last maintenance or update to minion changed something.

if anyone else has had this problem and could shed some light on whats going on it would be greatly appreciated, this is getting very frustrating since i have to manually re-log my toons back in many times a day and running 2 accounts its becoming a major pain in the butt.
is it crashing and you are getting windows error message this has stopped working, or is it just going away. If its just going away you are probably using the same keycode twice. delete your cfgs and start over. if its crashing have you added anything like mumble or teamspeak or any type of over lay.

If its running for hours just use the gui_launcher and it will relaunch the bot.
(06-27-2014, 01:44 AM)jackie1234 Wrote: [ -> ]is it crashing and you are getting windows error message this has stopped working, or is it just going away. If its just going away you are probably using the same keycode twice. delete your cfgs and start over. if its crashing have you added anything like mumble or teamspeak or any type of over lay.

If its running for hours just use the gui_launcher and it will relaunch the bot.

the game just disapears completely , no error message or anything. i read up on other threads about duel boxing and did delete my cfg files and re-entered my keycodes(i also crash alot even while just running 1 bot) so thats not it either

im not running any type of overlay either i made sure of that. like i siad the bot itself runs perfectly fine i use it for a array of things like pvp/duty farming/gathering and fate grinding and it all has worked great 95% of the time since i have got it a few months ago. it just is such a random amount of time between crashes it just seems like it could be something i missed or something with the bot itself
something on your computer is probably messing it up, even if you havent gotten anything new on your computer, changes made to the bot may now conflict. I would re read the installation guide and check all the list of stuff you are using.

Crashing =/= just disapearing

crashing = when you get the windows error report.

next time check the log in the GUI_launcher and see why the game closed out. it may say it killed the process for some reason.
(06-27-2014, 02:19 AM)jackie1234 Wrote: [ -> ]something on your computer is probably messing it up, even if you havent gotten anything new on your computer, changes made to the bot may now conflict. I would re read the installation guide and check all the list of stuff you are using.

next time check the log in the GUI_launcher and see why the game closed out. it may say it killed the process for some reason.

i have gone though all the things in the installation guide and thats not the problem, like i said in my OP it only started doing this recently after the last update or so of the bot.

the gui launcher does not show anything because im just using attach bot to PiD since both my accounts have security tokens i cant use the launcher to log me in. in the time i have been sitting here monitoring my game i noticed something, im not sure if its completely by chance but after i start the game up and attach bot to it i closed the gui window out and haven't crashed since(granted its only been a couple hours at most so far but time will tell).

im in no way raging about this im just trying to get the info out there to see what help i can get to fix this, even with the crashes i love this program and would of prob stopped playing XIV without it due to the insane grinds they are adding in here.
(06-27-2014, 02:49 AM)bandit420 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-27-2014, 02:19 AM)jackie1234 Wrote: [ -> ]something on your computer is probably messing it up, even if you havent gotten anything new on your computer, changes made to the bot may now conflict. I would re read the installation guide and check all the list of stuff you are using.

i have gone though all the things in the installation guide and thats not the problem, like i said in my OP it only started doing this recently after the last update or so of the bot.

the gui launcher does not show anything because im just using attach bot to PiD since both my accounts have security tokens i cant use the launcher to log me in. in the time i have been sitting here monitoring my game i noticed something, im not sure if its completely by chance but after i start the game up and attach bot to it i closed the gui window out and haven't crashed since(granted its only been a couple hours at most so far but time will tell).

im in no way raging about this im just trying to get the info out there to see what help i can get to fix this, even with the crashes i love this program and would of prob stopped playing XIV without it due to the insane grinds they are adding in here.

i understand that it happens now since patch and like i said something that changed in the bot may now conflict with something on your computer. If you are having this issue and its not wide spread chances are the update now conflicts with something on your computer. You could also just remove the security tokens they are not really needed, you accounts are not gonna get stolen :). 32 accounts no bans no stolen accounts. Tokens are just bs anyways.
Its happen to me also since last update

Check your Antivirus or firewall , I fond that kaspersky need to allow FFXIVMinion_GUI_Launcher to work freely and add to trusted list in application control also you need to make sure you check all this boxes

Now it work like a charm no single error or crush , happy botingHandshake

[Image: vd3i9v.jpg]
(06-27-2014, 10:05 PM)endless777 Wrote: [ -> ]Its happen to me also since last update

Check your Antivirus or firewall , I fond that kaspersky need to allow FFXIVMinion_GUI_Launcher to work freely and add to trusted list in application control also you need to make sure you check all this boxes

Now it work like a charm no single error or crush , happy botingHandshake

[Image: vd3i9v.jpg]
well being that the setup guide says to uninstall your AV and install windows security esenstials thats pretty much a given.
(06-27-2014, 11:07 PM)jackie1234 Wrote: [ -> ]well being that the setup guide says to uninstall your AV and install windows security essentials that's pretty much a given.

i use AVG right now and yea i did whitelist minion but apparently since the update to the bot where you have to use GUI to launch/attach bot it needed another exception to run and that was my problem.

i know it says to uninstall your AV and use windows security but is that actually good? i have been using AVG for close to 7 years now and never had any problems with it. never got a virus/worm/keylogger on my pc.

might have to check out that windows security essentials
Mine has been randomly crashing since I purchased it (awhile ago) I was using the old launcher then and now use new launcher to attach bot and then I close the launcher window -- have tried everything from deleting .cfg to a new download. I have no antivirus running, I run a lean system so, uncertain what would cause it to crash. It usually stutters and then crashes ffxiv with a popup window saying ffxiv has crashed.

I could be playing for 30 minutes or hours, hence "randomly" =). Since it's not a widespread reported issue I don't expect help with it but, thanks if you do. Sorry for thread hijack.

Processes running:

[Image: PulQc.jpg] [Image: nX3Pf.jpg]

[Image: FW05b.jpg]

[Image: RlkWg.jpg]

Internet:

[Image: tUcpc.jpg]

Ping to Server:

[Image: Mtb5h.jpg]

Could there possibly be a disconnect from my computer to the MMOMINION servers?

I think that's enough info ....LOL
Pages: 1 2 3 4