MMOMinion

Full Version: VPN Services
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I'm looking for a good VPN service (not just for FFXIV).

Currently I use Private Internet Access which works great except for Minion. It causes it to close after a few minutes. I'm guessing it's because of what a mod said in another thread I had read?
Quote:So if your VPN is using different exitpoints for each connection, you won't be able to use it.

So now that my subscription is almost up I was curious to know if anyone had any experience running minion with TorGuard? They're doing a 50% thing right now so I wanted to know if it was minion friendly before I purchased it.
While I don't have an answer to your question I am curious, how the latency of ffxiv is with private internet access. Any problems running through the VPN and added or reduced lag vs straight through isp connection?

I usually lag pretty bad on fights like titan ex and found wtfast worked well to improve latency there. I want a more general purpose vpn like you and been thinking about that one. Thanks.
I am also very interested in this topic, do you have any problems with VPN uptime? I was considering using a VPN however I am slightly nervous for 2 reasons:
  • If the connection drops, your real IP is shown (Duh). Therefore if your botting using a VPN and playing a regular account with your real IP this can be problematic.
  • Second point is that you will probably get your account blocked and then have to reset password.

Would be great to hear if anyone has any experience with a stable and fast VPN (If it exists) and how it works with Minion.
(07-06-2014, 09:22 AM)Jinsuko Wrote: [ -> ]I am also very interested in this topic, do you have any problems with VPN uptime? I was considering using a VPN however I am slightly nervous for 2 reasons:
  • If the connection drops, your real IP is shown (Duh). Therefore if your botting using a VPN and playing a regular account with your real IP this can be problematic.
  • Second point is that you will probably get your account blocked and then have to reset password.

Would be great to hear if anyone has any experience with a stable and fast VPN (If it exists) and how it works with Minion.

well for ffxiv it doesnt matter if your real IP shows... because i run 32 bots TP duty farming WP since release of duty mode and not 1 ban. all on same computer
(07-06-2014, 01:18 PM)jackie1234 Wrote: [ -> ]well for ffxiv it doesnt matter if your real IP shows... because i run 32 bots TP duty farming WP since release of duty mode and not 1 ban. all on same computer

Beast machine
(07-06-2014, 01:18 PM)jackie1234 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-06-2014, 09:22 AM)Jinsuko Wrote: [ -> ]I am also very interested in this topic, do you have any problems with VPN uptime? I was considering using a VPN however I am slightly nervous for 2 reasons:

well for ffxiv it doesnt matter if your real IP shows... because i run 32 bots TP duty farming WP since release of duty mode and not 1 ban. all on same computer

Share pc build please
amd 8 core 8350 32 gigs of ram
3 years of www.strongvpn.com and not a single problem. i cant highly recommend them.