MMOMinion

Full Version: First Time User: Couple Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi this my first post, thank you for the FFXIV bot, so far Ive loved most of my experience with it. I installed it fine, it boots up my game and runs smooth. I Installed jackie's SkillManager Profile for DRG which works much better than the profile I tried creating myself. So far Ive watched it Grind and do Fates, and so far these are the issues Ive noticed.

-Fates. While grinding mobs for Fates, the bot does not appear to follow the HP Flee/Rest limitations I set for it.

-SetEvac. When I try to use the SetEvac function, clicking the button appears to do nothing. After testing my character never ran toward my Evac to flee.

-Another issue with Fates is that I check the box which indicates the bot will attack NonFateMobs that are attacking me. In testing, the bot would ignore the mob attacking and continue to chain the Fate mobs until inevitable death.

I have other questions but I'll save them for later seeing how Im at work right now and not infront of my computer. I'll appreciate any info to help me solve these issues. Thank you!
setting the evac point doesnt really give you any information that it worked. But it does just stand where you want to evac to push the button and your g2g. what % are you setting your HP% flee to.

Atm I'm not sure if that is working or not. i never use it because i only want to attack fate mobs in every instance. because you wate time fighting not fate mobs you lose out on xp.
Thank you jackie1234 for your quick reply.

-With Evac, as you said I didnt expect it to give me a confirmation that it is working/worked, but when I did stand where I wanted to Evac and set it there, later on the bot was not evacuting at all.

-My Flee HP% was set to the default 20% and it was working while I was testing the bot in Grind mode. It was only while doing Fates that it ignored the logic to run and save its life.

-As for the NonFateMobs, the bot does a great job attacking and killing them but when I happen to be solo on these Fates and an aggressive monster near by aggros, its no good to the goal of completing the fate if my bot ignores the damage its taking and dies.

I hope to play with this more in a few hours when I get home.
yeah that option is suppose to work if its not ill pas it on to the devs for them to check it out. as far as i can tell flee is working for my bots in fates. are you using the live version of the bot or the beta version?
(07-23-2014, 11:28 PM)jackie1234 Wrote: [ -> ]yeah that option is suppose to work if its not ill pas it on to the devs for them to check it out. as far as i can tell flee is working for my bots in fates. are you using the live version of the bot or the beta version?
I can verify that "Attack non-FATE mobs" behavior as well (I have seen it target them in some scenarios but it's rare). Live bot.
Thanks for the input guys!
Ive been running the bot now for the 3 hours, making minor tweaks to my settings and this is what I have to report.

*Evac IS WORKING. If you have your character set to "Fates Only" then he will return to the Evac to await new Fate spawns. I also believe while the bot is flee'ing to rest he does infact flee toward the Evac point, which isnt significant since he stops when he is out-of-combat to rest, but it does indicate that Evac is functioning.

*My bot is also Flee'ing at the correct HP% to survive. Which is great.

*Now, "Attack NonFate Mobs", however still does not function and as a result does lead to death. in some situations.

After a few hours of testing the bot with basic Grinding/Fate, I had a different issue and some new questions!

-I set to my homepoint to the zone I was running the bot to grind/fate (Upper La Noscea, Camp Bronze Lake). After 2 hours the bot died during a Fate because of a NonFate mob that aggro'd. The issue was after respawning from death within the same zone I expected the bot to just start grinding more, however it didnt until I moved the character and rest the bot.

-A question I have is, is it possible to have the bot respawn your Chocobo Companion if it dies or expires? Possibly through the SkillManager? or some other means?

-Also, what should I do next? I'd love some reccomendations. I was thinking I might want to try using the bot to complete Duties? Any advice for setting that up?
I am not sure if the base bot support chocobo companion summoning or not. If it doesn't then the "Enhanced tool" addon in addon forum can provide that function.

As for Duty, you will need to find other botters on your server or own 4 accounts ( if its 4 men, you need 8 accounts if you want to do 8 men content ). The duty mode basically just teleport within dungeon and kill mobs. It doesn't work for a solo botter.
(07-24-2014, 07:02 AM)craz0 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the input guys!
Ive been running the bot now for the 3 hours, making minor tweaks to my settings and this is what I have to report.

*Evac IS WORKING. If you have your character set to "Fates Only" then he will return to the Evac to await new Fate spawns. I also believe while the bot is flee'ing to rest he does infact flee toward the Evac point, which isnt significant since he stops when he is out-of-combat to rest, but it does indicate that Evac is functioning.

*My bot is also Flee'ing at the correct HP% to survive. Which is great.

*Now, "Attack NonFate Mobs", however still does not function and as a result does lead to death. in some situations.

After a few hours of testing the bot with basic Grinding/Fate, I had a different issue and some new questions!

-I set to my homepoint to the zone I was running the bot to grind/fate (Upper La Noscea, Camp Bronze Lake). After 2 hours the bot died during a Fate because of a NonFate mob that aggro'd. The issue was after respawning from death within the same zone I expected the bot to just start grinding more, however it didnt until I moved the character and rest the bot.

-A question I have is, is it possible to have the bot respawn your Chocobo Companion if it dies or expires? Possibly through the SkillManager? or some other means?

-Also, what should I do next? I'd love some reccomendations. I was thinking I might want to try using the bot to complete Duties? Any advice for setting that up?

some zones are not good for fate grinding because the map is split in 2 and you need 2 meshes to do that zone.

1-10 grind mobs and fates in any starter zone out side the main city.
10-15 aleport
15-25 quarrymill
25-30 costa de sol
30-40 corethas
40-50 Northern thalanan.
@random: Awesome I'll need to look into that Enhanced Tools addon you mentioned! And yeah since I am going to be running this bot solo, at least for now, I guess I'll have pass on using it for Duty.

@jackie Thanks for the Fate grinding tips! I appreciate that!

I just got back from work and my bot has been running fine all day Corethas. Gained a couple levels. :)

-One suggestion I have is it would be great to have a feature where the bot would scan for a "Mender" merchant and repair his own gear as soon one piece completely breaks! That would be awesome.

Anyway, so far this bot has been going working great so thanks for the feedback everyone
you can get ykmo's toolbox for auto repair your gear.

http://www.mmominion.com/thread-4782.html
Pages: 1 2