MMOMinion

Full Version: Extra Account for Mining or use main Account?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

kinda new and i have a very basic question. I mainly use this bot to Mine shards etc. Would it be safer to get a extra account and run it over a low level character? Or just go with my main which i sort of don't want to loose :P.
Also whats the best way to send those shards or gil and not be on the radar from SE?

Thanks in advance.
(07-28-2014, 10:07 AM)Affe Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

kinda new and i have a very basic question. I mainly use this bot to Mine shards etc. Would it be safer to get a extra account and run it over a low level character? Or just go with my main which i sort of don't want to loose :P.
Also whats the best way to send those shards or gil and not be on the radar from SE?

Thanks in advance.

Dont mine 24/7 since it would be kinda suspicious and you should be good
Well if you're not willing to lose your main, don't bot on it.
I did the exact same thing where I made a second account just to mine/harvest nodes. I only did this because too many people knew my main account and would smell something fishy.
I'm pretty sure the only way to get on SE's radar from mining is to mine with an AFK tag, teleport mine or running 24/7 and people report you. The more questionable things you do will put you closer to being banned. If you mine with an AFK tag while teleporting 24/7, you'll most likely get banned pretty fast.
For the gil and shards, there's not many ways to transfer. If you're doing it for RMT, you can trade with your bot account to the buyer. If you're looking to improve your personal fortunes, you can just mail it. I mailed from my bot account to my main for a month without any problems. If you're paranoid, you can put an item up on market for x amount of gil and have your bot buy it out. You keep the item in your possession but you get the money to your main.
(07-28-2014, 10:19 AM)OogieBoogie Wrote: [ -> ]Well if you're not willing to lose your main, don't bot on it.
I did the exact same thing where I made a second account just to mine/harvest nodes. I only did this because too many people knew my main account and would smell something fishy.
I'm pretty sure the only way to get on SE's radar from mining is to mine with an AFK tag, teleport mine or running 24/7 and people report you. The more questionable things you do will put you closer to being banned. If you mine with an AFK tag while teleporting 24/7, you'll most likely get banned pretty fast.
For the gil and shards, there's not many ways to transfer. If you're doing it for RMT, you can trade with your bot account to the buyer. If you're looking to improve your personal fortunes, you can just mail it. I mailed from my bot account to my main for a month without any problems. If you're paranoid, you can put an item up on market for x amount of gil and have your bot buy it out. You keep the item in your possession but you get the money to your main.

Thank you very much! Your post helped me a lot :). And it is for personal selfish ingame gain :p.
I've been mining on my main account since Mar2014 and haven't had a problem. If someone tries talking to me from my FC I just tell them I'm watching Netflix while mining so I may not see it or respond immediately. Everyone understands. I never have my Bot run for more than 6 hours a day and I still make about 500k each day I do it. I've set patterns too to make it look like I have set times for money making. That way I don't get caught up just mining. Looks botty as hell when you stop working on your fighting classes all together to make money. Once in a while I check in on the chat log and even participate while I'm "mining". This keeps my FC members from being suspicious. The only person that knows is my RL brother that plays with me and he helps keep attention away from me in the FC so I slip him some gil from time to time. If you're just doing to finance adventuring then you only need to make about 2 mil a month or so to keep you living large.