MMOMinion

Full Version: Character not attacking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Couldn't find another thred asking this so here i go.

I use a lvl50 DRG and doing some atma farming, doing fates in atma areas.
Bot mode is grind, the class profile is lancer, class default is lancer, mode default is lancer, everything is set on lancer. Not using any kinds of hacks, i have randomized path option on, i have mount on, no companion, avoid aoe is on too. I dont have "always kill aggro on". Combat range under grind tab i set to 1%, i have no idea what it dose but 75 was standard, and i dont notice any different at all after changing it, what the hell does it do??, anyway. No flee or rest on, i just go on til i die pretty much.
Fate: Do fates, checked, Fates only, checked, rest in fates, no, kill attacking normal, no, min/max, 0 and 50
wait for complete, somtimes 0, somtimes i set to 10, i have found that it doesnt prioritize picking a fate with % but simply picks closes one and wait until it has that%, would have been nice if it watched all at the same time thou and go to the one who first reaches that %.

Oh, and i would like to add that the char targets the monster, but then just stands there looking at it, however, if i move the char myself close to the monster it will atk, and if he targets a monster while it is close or it goes for you it will attack it, so the problem is basically that he doesnt move to the target.

If there is anything else you would like to know just ask, i would like to resolve this asap!
Wait for complete : if you have that set to 0, it will start the FATE. If you have it at 10, it wont join in until the FATE is 10% complete. It will move to it, but just sit there.

Try not to mess with the default settings too much. For FATE grinding - all you gotta do is pick a Skill Profile, check "Do FATEs" , and let that bad boy run and it works.

"Avoid AOE" is a VERY easy way to get caught botting. The movement is the EXACT same. It senses an AOE and does the exact same movement (Run back, run left, return to mob). Looks Sketchy and will get you reported (A fellow botter noticed me doing it and gave me the heads up). Just set your Home point, and set a "retreat" HP and use a healer chocobo. You shoul have very few instances in which you are dying.

Also (this happens to me) - I sometimes forget to turn off controller mode. Bot is wonky as F**k if not set to KB/M mode.

Just experienced this in game - turned out I had PLD Skill set selected while playing as MNK. So take Jackie's advice below. It does sound like you having issues, possibly using Enhanced Assist w/ Beta even though Ace said DO NOT DO THIS in bold text on his post.

EDIT: I've also noticed the bot "not attacking" like you've said. Someitmes it just auto attacks. I notice if I move it around a few times and use one ability, it triggers it on.
Sounds like you are running live version of the bot with the enhanced assist addon. Try removing the addon if it works the add the add on back and double check your settings. Or get the beta bot and not use any addins.
Is the right mesh loaded?
Thx for the replies guys. I have gotten it to work somewhat by using jackies DRG skill profile instead, and done no other changes than that (thx for the aoe heads up thou). i will watch it for a while and see if it acts up again, and if it do i will try the beta version instead( yes, running live version with enhanced mod). Good to see the forum is actively being watched :>
I am having a similar issue with beta bot. During Quest modes my character will just target an enemy and not attack. I thought well maybe it's just in quest mode so I tried grind mode and set up markers and it won't attack either, I tried setting it to do FATES in grind mode and it runs to FATES target mobs and won't attack.

I have selected the correct profile and I looked in all the options and there is no option for auto starting a battle except on assist mode. I have never had this problem in the live version and I honestly feel like an idiot that is missing something simple. I do not have any addons installed on beta so i don't know what could I be missing. Live behaves exactly how I want but beta isn't cooperating.

I even followed the steps on the Grind tutorial 1.5 and bot runs to mobs targets and won't attack. Can anyone help me out? This honestly is my last resort since I don't want to bother anyone.

Thanks in advanced.
make sure you do not have "do fates only" ticked. its currently bugged. Make sure you have the profile loaded for the class you are running. make sure you are not running any addons at all with the beta bot.
Yes I have made sure of everything you have said and it doesn't work.

I found a fix, I had to put live and beta folders in different directories no idea why it behaves like that.
Live and Beta are not the same. You can't mixmatch program files like that. They set it to two updater for a reason.
yeah beta bot and live bot must be two different installations.
Pages: 1 2