MMOMinion

Full Version: Party-Grind <--> PL Mode : Need opinions on possible conversion.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It is my understanding that most people tend to use Party-Grind as a not-in-party PL mode, where a higher level player is in this mode, following a lower level player, which is how I use it.

I want to convert/enhance Party-Grind into PL Mode, but I want some feedback before this occurs, so if you're against this, please voice your opinion, and give some solid reasons.

As it stands, low level parties simply don't provide good exp doing regular grind, whereas PL'ing a low level with a high level can take it from 1-15 in a matter of an hour or 2, making it by far the fastest 1-15 if you have access to 2 or more accounts.
2 things i like the way it kinda works now in beta. If im leveling agroup of bots together i like party mode use party leader. if im power leveling a character i can leave the higher level bot out of group and set it to follow target.
I definitely use the party-grind and don't want to see it COMPLETELY replaced by non-party PL. With that said, I think a non-party PL mode would make a great addition to the bot. It'd be great to be able to select a PL mode under party-grind so we can enable and disable on the fly. Unless it requires different features, maybe a different bot mode would be in order (like Duty, Grind, Party-Grind).
um if you have more than 2 accounts the best thing to do is brd with foe and whm with regen in a party to PL. and then the lowbie using cure/physick to heal the brd non stop.

this is doable how the bot currently is and you can get 1-15 in about 30 min
you can take a lvl 1 character to a higher level zone and "tag" mobs and have the higher level character out of party 1 shot them you can do this with the beta bot already.
I'm currently using party grind to do hunts over multiple accounts. Its honestly is working great. I just control the leader myself while the rest follow me around and kill what I'm killing. Though I do have one problem and I don't know if there is an option for this but there needs to be a toggle to turn auto release off. Cause if they die in a hunt it auto returns and we all know by the time we get to out release point, render meshes, teleport back to hunt, render the meshes again and get back its dead if not long before. The main problem is that if you're not in the area you don't get anything for the hunt.
So I love the way party grind is now. Just would love an option to turn off auto release.
first off it doesnt work that way lol.... when you die it doesnt load hte mesh again.... when you TP to the hunt spot it doesnt load the mesh again. Unless your not setting your home point to the zone you are in.... and you change zones.
(08-20-2014, 02:29 PM)jackie1234 Wrote: [ -> ]first off it doesnt work that way lol.... when you die it doesnt load hte mesh again.... when you TP to the hunt spot it doesnt load the mesh again. Unless your not setting your home point to the zone you are in.... and you change zones.

I know that it doesnt load the mesh IF you set home. But we all know how hunts are... And its kinda a pain to do that every time. Was just suggesting a toggle for auto release... Thought it would be handy anyways. No need to make me feel like a dick about it jackie.
(08-10-2014, 06:29 AM)Ace Wrote: [ -> ]It is my understanding that most people tend to use Party-Grind as a not-in-party PL mode, where a higher level player is in this mode, following a lower level player, which is how I use it.

I want to convert/enhance Party-Grind into PL Mode, but I want some feedback before this occurs, so if you're against this, please voice your opinion, and give some solid reasons.

As it stands, low level parties simply don't provide good exp doing regular grind, whereas PL'ing a low level with a high level can take it from 1-15 in a matter of an hour or 2, making it by far the fastest 1-15 if you have access to 2 or more accounts.

Please don't remove Party-grind. However, there are some things that could use fixing. I've been using party grind to level a 4 man team i just created. There are two things.
1) instant-release makes botting obvious. Can we see a function to toggle this off?
2) the avoid AOE function doesn't work.
(08-20-2014, 11:00 PM)onplanetmars Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-10-2014, 06:29 AM)Ace Wrote: [ -> ]It is my understanding that most people tend to use Party-Grind as a not-in-party PL mode, where a higher level player is in this mode, following a lower level player, which is how I use it.

Please don't remove Party-grind. However, there are some things that could use fixing. I've been using party grind to level a 4 man team i just created. There are two things.
1) instant-release makes botting obvious. Can we see a function to toggle this off?
2) the avoid AOE function doesn't work.

I found a way to turn it off. Go into /LuaMods/ffxivminion and open ffxiv_task_party.lua in a text editor.
On line 63 I just removed
local ke_dead = ml_element:create( "Dead", c_dead, e_dead, 20 )
self:add( ke_dead, self.overwatch_elements)
Works perfect would still really like this on a toggle tho.
Pages: 1 2