MMOMinion

Full Version: Some suggestions for the program
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi, after trying out the program (version 1.5 beta), I have few suggestions, mostly about skill manager.

- shortcuts to activate profiles
Would it be possible to add keyboard shortcuts to activate profiles/skil manager profiles?

- auto load profile based on job change / entering PVP area
If I change job to BLM and I'm in PVP map, program would load my BLM_PVP skill manager profile, etc.

- Logitech G_key support
Would you consider recognizing G_key presses from Logitech gaming keyboards and mice?

- Logitech G510 LCD widget to be able to choose profiles via LCD menu?

- .xx decimals in HP%/MP% (ie 99.99%)
Currently skill manager supports %HP/%MP triggers as whole decimals, but when targeting enemy with 1M HP, 1% difference of that HP is 10k. Would be nice if we could specify %HP to two decimal points.

- recognize ΔHP and calculate time left before enemy will die
Would it be possible for program to calculate approximate time for enemy (or majority of enemies on aggro list in case of AoE abilities) to die? Would be handy if program knew that if enemy's HP continues decreasing at current speed, it will die in 8 seconds, therefore there is no point in using a 20s long DoT ability or using a 15s long buff, because they will be potentially wasted.
For DoTs, knowing when current enemy will die would be good, for buffs, knowing when majority of enemies on hate list will die would be good.

- toggle to choose NOT to load meshes on zoning in
There seems to be no way to stop the program from loading mesh map every time you zone. When you just want to run around with program loaded it's annoying having to wait 5-10s for the mesh to load. I can't move character at all when the mesh is loading.

- no "Turn to face target"
When using battle assist mode, abilities don't get used if my character is not facing the enemy. Not sure how you send commands to use abilities to game program, but character should "Turn to face target" and then use abilities. Maybe add a tick box to Skill Editor to choose to turn to enemy or not?

- pressing Ctrl+X closes all windows, but does not restore them after pressing Ctrl+X again. Would be nice if program remembered what windows I closed and restored them when I press Ctrl+X again.

- ability to customize colors/font/size of radar text and HP bar objects?

- if I delete default SkillManager profiles to clear out the list for only my profiles, the default profiles get re-downloaded on next program startup
It'd just be nice if I could change the main Ctrl+Key shortcuts, Ctrl+S is pressed often during "assisted botting"~ (me playing with bot active) x;
1) probably possibe via lua addon

2) the game already loads the default skill profile per class ( you have to pre set it by switching to each class and ticking default profile)

3) dont know why you need g key support for a bot hit start and let hte bot do its thing....

4) such a small % of people would benifit from that to be worth the effort to do it. and how would you handle people that hve more then 1 bot running.

5) I see where you are going with that but the benifit in dps would be so minimal to really need this?

5) I havent seen a single issue with % hp to warrent more decimal. (may be give an example where it would make a difference.

6) I see where you are going with this but really the dps gain would be so minimal would you even really notice it?

7) if you do not want meshes to load in you can do 2 things rename your nav folder or make 1 small custom mesh and set it as the default mesh for every zone. the load time will be instant you wont even notice it.

8) you can turn on auto face in game. But the reason the bot doesnt do it. is because you wouldnt be able to run away. the bot would keep trying to auto face the target and you wouldnt be able to move your character away from the target in assist mode.

9) possible

10) possible

11) this is suppose to happen. the default profiles in the skill mananger come with the bot and the auto updater checks if all files that are suppose to come with the bot are present if not it redownloads them. working as intended.
(08-18-2014, 12:00 AM)jackie1234 Wrote: [ -> ]3) dont know why you need g key support for a bot hit start and let hte bot do its thing....
The beauty of the bot lies in it's versatibility. In my case, I try to make the best use of it for assisted gameplay, not afk farming. G keys are perfect way to assign keybinds to the bot that won't interfere with in game keybinds.

4) such a small % of people would benifit from that to be worth the effort to do it. and how would you handle people that hve more then 1 bot running.

5) I see where you are going with that but the benifit in dps would be so minimal to really need this?

5) I havent seen a single issue with % hp to warrent more decimal. (may be give an example where it would make a difference.
I had an issue with setting up abilities that I didn't want to fire off immediately at the start of the battle, but shortly after. So I was setting up enemyHP<99%, but with enemies having like 1M HP, it takes too long to reach 98% of their HP.

6) I see where you are going with this but really the dps gain would be so minimal would you even really notice it?
I guess it might be too much effort from programming standpoint. I was trying to differentiate between fighting trash mobs and boss level mobs. Do decide whether it's worth using some abilities or not. Instead to recognize if enemy is easy or hard, how about adding a toggle to specify enemy TotalHP? The total enemy HP is already in game memory. Then you could specify that a particular ability should only be used for enemies with >10000HP etc

7) if you do not want meshes to load in you can do 2 things rename your nav folder or make 1 small custom mesh and set it as the default mesh for every zone. the load time will be instant you wont even notice it.
Thanks, that's a good idea!

8) you can turn on auto face in game. But the reason the bot doesnt do it. is because you wouldnt be able to run away. the bot would keep trying to auto face the target and you wouldnt be able to move your character away from the target in assist mode.
I know in bot helpfile you said not to, but I use Legacy Movement settings, so can run around freely and facetarget for that half a second each time to fire off abilities, then continue running.
I'm not asking for bot to face target permanently, just when trying to execute attack. As you say, the feature is in game, I was just asking for the bot to mimic it.

9) possible
Yaay!

10) possible
Yaay!

11) this is suppose to happen. the default profiles in the skill mananger come with the bot and the auto updater checks if all files that are suppose to come with the bot are present if not it redownloads them. working as intended.
Aww, so much clutter on my profile list. Why would I need a profile for Arcanist when I'm done leveling it 1 year ago? :(

Thanks for the reply!
there are "filters" in the skill manager profile that you can set hotkeys for. So (A) set of skills only Fire when Filter 1 is turned on(turned on by hotkey) Skill set(B) only fires when filter 2 is turned on. So you can set your normal DPS rotation for boss fights for Filter 1. then you can set your aoe or burst skills for filter 2 to use on trash. turn off filter 1 turn on fillter 2 then turn off filter 2 and turn on filter 1. all with hotkeys.
How about Dynamic Leader mode for Duty. If the Leader dies it changes leader temporarily until the Leader teleports back. Ideally the leader would not die but just an idea for thought
Using the "independent" flag could make every bot a leader so there isnt really a need for Dynamic leader mode. They will execute the profile on their own.
(08-23-2014, 11:40 PM)random73 Wrote: [ -> ]Using the "independent" flag could make every bot a leader so there isnt really a need for Dynamic leader mode. They will execute the profile on their own.

Is the independent flag part oft he bot UI or done in the duty LUA . Or is it part of the beta client? I didn't even know it existed (still learning how to use the bot, just got it 2 days ago)
It is done in the duty profiles. http://www.mmominion.com/thread-8438.html

Beta only
Some more comments:
12) with beta 1.5 anyone experiences game getting crashed after starting the bot? The only thing I might be doing different to other people is relogging to alt characters on the same account before launching the bot. The bot does not crash the game if the game was freshly started. But if I play for awhile and start bot, it crashes the game.
13) Anyone could post a snippet of code that handles execution of "OFF GCD" skills in Skill manager? I have feeling they don't get executed as fast as they could. I assume they get queued to be used after a non-GCD abilities? IT's just the feeling after observing some skill profiles in action, but maybe that code needs some tweaking.
14) Can LUA module windows remember their positions and size?
15) Would be nice if there was a module for displaying messages on screen, like "Bot enabled" or "Filter1 disabled", "Bait level low", "Equipment damage <10%" either for few seconds or showing status of some things you are interested in one place.
16) When executing skills, does bot take advantage of 0.5s 'ability precast', where you can press to use ability 0.5s before GCD is ready and it will be executed when GCD is ready, or does the bot wait for GCD to be ready, and then decides what skill to use?
Pages: 1 2 3