MMOMinion

Full Version: FFXIVMinion crashes upon attachment with Pingzapper?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
To get straight to the point, it seems my game window closes abruptly upon attachment of Minion when using Pingzapper to launch the game. I don't use automatic-login, so I still type in my password and after I hit the login button, that is when the window just closes down. No error message, no nothing--just a clean, abrupt closing.

I've tried logging in at the character selection screen, and also after I've logged into a character, but the results are the same.

It only started happening like 2 or 3 days ago--before that, FFXIVMinion worked fine with Pingzapper.

I haven't changed a thing about my computer or any settings. I do remember that also around 2 or 3 days ago, my Minion updated itself, and it stopped working with Pingzapper at around that time.

I have both WTFast and Pingzapper, and when I attach the Minion while using WTFast, it works fine. The same goes for using the Minion without anything but the game itself--it works fine. It really is just using Pingzapper that causes the problem.

I don't mind using WTFast in the meanwhile, but I just wanted help troubleshooting so I can use Pingzapper again since its performance is better for me than WTFast's.

Thanks in advance Happy

PS: Yes, I always run as administrator, and yes I've also tried different security programs and disabling them--results still the same.
AFAIK Pingzapper can change your IP address, which would cause either the regular FFXIV client to disconnect/fail as well as minion. There's really no fix here, anything that can sometimes change your public IP address is going to kill the client.
Oh, okay I see. Thank you for the quick reply! I just found it weird because it worked before and it suddenly doesn't. Ah well.