MMOMinion

Full Version: Minimize & Disable Rendering
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Some days ago I've got the tip from jackie to use minimize in my GUI Launcher profiles but still I'm opening the windows and check "Disable Rendering" by hand to be on the safe site with reducing my gpu usage.

Does this even make a big difference with a high bot amount? I've got a Radeon 270X OC with 4 GB ram so ressources aint really an issue, but less usage is always a good thing.
There are programs to monitor that. A 10% reduction in use means 1 extra instance out of ten.. So you decide ^^

---
It also depends on your throttle,
obviously if the component you lack of is not graphics card, then you will see no change
anyone have ideas on how to lower cpu usage?im running a 8320 a 4.0 and 4 bots with disable rendering is using almost 100 percent. Any tips?
Wow same thing. Got the 8320 too but @ 4.2 and can have 8 open then its at 100%
There really have to be some tricks that e.g Jackie can even open 32 with his 8350 @ 5.0
I don't know what anyone else is doing, but I am using IsBoxer when I am working on a team on my laptop. I turn down what settings I can in the game, then IsBoxer has a maximum fps it lets the not in focus windows go to. If I put another window as the window in focus, say explorer or something, all of the windows for the game will be limited. Disabling rendering took CPU usage for each 17% to 8% on my i7-2670qm 2.2 ghz processor, so all 4 running at the same time were using around 1/3 of the processor's power.
Yeah I used ISBoxer with my old Phenom II x4 955 and was around 30% with 4 clients too. Now I should be with 8 clients @ 30% because the 8320 has 8 cores but I had to turn off ISBoxer because ISP is disconnecting me every 24 hours >.<

Around Saturday I will get my new connection from my ISP so I will try ISBoxer again, maybe this really helps me.
Yeah, the only thing I don't like about IsBoxer is not being able to auto relog with the bot. However, when I am using it on my laptop, I am at work and usually building up a new team. IsBoxer's broadcasting keystrokes function is just too useful when actually trying to do stuff on 4 characters at the same time. Working on my second set now and will move them over to my desktop once I have them up to where I want them.
Would be nice if the launcher could launch an IsBoxer'd FFXIV. Something like IsBoxer set to load FFXIV.exe and the gui launcher set to load the IsBoxer character set slot.
with minimize and disable render , also add disabling spell effects and limit FPS. I am getting about the same results running hte game with out isboxer as running with it. The only thing i miss out on is the nice window layouts.