MMOMinion

Full Version: frontlines DISCUSSION continued..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Something something.....wall o text.
(09-13-2014, 12:04 PM)klepp0906 Wrote: [ -> ]seriously jackie? Perhaps im just not here often enough anymore to notice. but were their THAT many threads talking about frontlines?

Are the users, the people who pay the developers bills.. so annoying when they politely ask for any updates on progress? More importantly, does being annoying warrant closing a thread? o.O

I always supported you becoming a mod, and theirs absolutely no arguing you contribute more than most. WIth that said - locking that was unnecessary.

No one was beligerant, rude, or off topic. No one was making personal attacks. As i mentioned in my final post - I had popped in to check and that was the place i always checked since it seemed to be the most comprehensive (if limited) place to do so.

We all know ace is working on it, he said so himself. I think in that very thread in fact. However he stopped replying and people get curious at that point. A simple one line update would have satiated everyones inquisition. That couldnt be bothered with and so the customers, again paying customers.. were the ones penalized.

I guess we just stick our thumbs in our butts, keep on paying, and wait till its good and ready huh? I guess we'll know when its ready cause it'll just pop up? After all, if we ask about it (especially via a new thread since our last one was closed) it will just be locked up tight?

Now this is obviously referring to extremes on both sides of the arguement but im sure you can see my point.

Whether you lock this or not is irrelevant. I guess it isnt about frontlines persay, so i'll leave that up to you. I just wanted to make the point. By closing the other thread you essentially opened up the potential for more new threads instead of all the info or banter being put in one place.

Their are right and wrong reasons to lock a thread. Theyre always dynamic and always up to the moderators judgement unfortunately. For better or worse. If I were you, id unlock it.. it was doing no harm and would better benefit the community open than it does by being closed. Just as it harms it more by being closed than it does open.

More to the point and on topic (since i DID title this frontlines after all) Have people noticed queues for this dropping off? What are they like in best/worst case scenario? Apart from short stretches of time between 9pm-1am id say, I am getting queues of 1 hours best case to 6 hours worst case for wolves den. No lie! I can screenshot if you want proof lol. Wolves den is obviously dead, however I am curious if frontlines is a bit more consistent and frequent. At first im sure it was extremely fast but now that its been around a bit....

Anyhow, dont take this personal Jackie. You know i love ya. Certain things just rub me the wrong way and closing a thread like the aforementioned was just one of them. I know each and every person who was eager for, or purchased the bot for frontlines was using that as a meeting point. Something to satiate impatience, discuss, or watch for the latest info.

Alas..

Should you decide to keep this open, or re open the other one. Perhaps a request to the participants to NOT do whatever it was that made you feel the thread warranted a closing. A warning persay. This way the thread will suit our needs, and not do whatever it did or was doing that was negatively affecting anyone in the community.

Off I go to try and fix my laptop. I buy a new iphone excited as can be and they delay it for an entire month. As i neatly kiss my excitement goodbye, my laptop dies. On when i went to sleep, off when i woke up. Had i known i may have went with a cheaper model iphone as to buy a replacment laptop as well. Argh. Cruel cruel world!! But i digress.

You mean...
http://www.mmominion.com/thread-8966-pos...l#pid75775

that is still....OPEN ???? Awkward
I closed the other frontline threads cause there is one going with ace involved. So no need for multiple threads. Locking this one.