MMOMinion

Full Version: bot not recognizing markers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I have been mining without issues for the past couple of days. I'm focusing on getting past these ridiculous job quests for the Miner, and I needed some Raw Amethyst.

I went to the Central Shroud, and noticed that there are no markers for the Amethyst, so I added a couple, only to find that the bot refuses to move.

I thought, well maybe I need to add a path. Maybe it's not recorded in the Mesh. So I tried doing that, and re-adding the markers, but the bot just sits there still.

Maybe I added the mesh wrong. I've never had to add NavMesh before this, and it's changed since the last time I played around with it. I don't see pathing anymore like I used to (I don't see outlines anymore), so I did a lot of it blindly. And when I check "Show Triangles" all my markers disappear. :) Really counter-productive!

Alright, so, I figured out a bit of it already. But I have no idea how to edit the regular NavMesh, because it just does not show up.

But here is what I did to fix it:

I restarted the bot a few times, I began to record again, hoping it would work this time (6th times the charm anyways). I hit save, and I could finally see the NavMesh (only for what I recorded -- I have tried to see the Navmesh of the Central Shroud, but it won't show). I added some mining markers, and it's finally working that way. Kind of seems out of the way, but that's OK, at least it's working.

I'd like to add this new navmesh to the central shroud mesh, so I don't have to swap between them all the time (is that possible?). I can't seem to be able to edit the Central Shroud navmesh.

(all markers still disappear if I select "show triangles" btw -- nothing but that changes.)

I just want some HQ Raw Amethyst, you know? Why isn't this in the CS navmesh. ._.

TL:DR;-
I couldn't add mining markers to central shroud (they were not being recognized. I tried to edit the NavMesh for central shroud, but it would not show up for me. I added a completely new NavMesh for just Raw Amethyst, added mining markers to THAT navmesh, and it works.
I just ran into this same problem in Northern Thanalan. Bot does not respond to markers. I had to make a brand new navmesh just to mine Adamantoise Shell.
Try the attachment. Put it in your navigation folder.

And delete Central Shroud.nx2 and Northern Thanalan.nx2. Let it build a new one, sounds like some of your meshes got corrupted.
(09-13-2014, 07:19 PM)Latty79 Wrote: [ -> ]Try the attachment. Put it in your navigation folder.

And delete Central Shroud.nx2 and Northern Thanalan.nx2. Let it build a new one, sounds like some of your meshes got corrupted.

Not sure if I trust that, no offense, I just don't want to break this already very delicate bot.

I will download it and try it anyways (I'll make a back-up). I'll let you know if it works. Thanks. :)
(09-13-2014, 07:48 PM)Latty79 Wrote: [ -> ]http://puu.sh/bxAW1/de198bbb0c.jpg

Working fine for me.

The only problem is that I don't need Raw Amethyst anymore (since I made my own bandaid to the situation), I'm working on Adamantoise Shells, lvl 48 miner and am having issues with Northern Thanalan now (which seems to be the same problem as before in Central Shroud).

The bot only sometimes responds to the fix I mentioned above. It completely refuses to move when I use the default N.Thanalan navmesh.

It has a problem pathing to the markers, I don't know why. :/ Do you have a N.Thanalan mesh by chance? xD

I appreciate your help though. I +rep'ed you for it.
Meshes come with the bot.

http://puu.sh/bxGGQ/52e9e28dde.jpg That is also working fine.
(09-13-2014, 08:59 PM)Latty79 Wrote: [ -> ]Meshes come with the bot.

http://puu.sh/bxGGQ/52e9e28dde.jpg That is also working fine.

Not working for me unfortunately.

I have N.Thanalan selected, and I select the mining marker, and it does not work.

Even the lvl 40 mining marker that comes with the bot does not work. I had to add a brand new mesh for Grenade Ash.

Bot just sits there, does not even attempt to path to the nodes.

So I made a brand new navmesh for Adamantoise Shells.

(I have not tried your previous link yet btw)
sent you a pm
I noticed while grinding miner, that there was one node just outside the mesh for a zone, and the bot would stop dead in it's tracks if this node was the closest one. Try showing your mesh and see if one of the nodes is like that.

Fwiw, the mesh in question for me was southern Thanatan, sagoli desert.

Now, if the bot is not even moving TO the marker, instead of AT the marker, that is another issue altogether.
Pages: 1 2