MMOMinion

Full Version: PC specs to run multiple instances of bot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry if this is the wrong place for this, please feel free to delete or remove if needed!

I want to be able to play on my main and also run 4 instances of minion/ffxiv in the background doing dungeons, etc. I've been trying to get a build together and was thinking of something like (please bear with me, I'm still relatively new to pc building):

cpu: i7-4790k (was also thinking 5820k but that may be total overkill lol)
gpu: 780ti (is just the regular 780 ok instead?)
ram: 16gb (would this be enough or should I try for 32gb?)
monitor: 1440p (or possibly 1080p 144mhz, can't decide yet)

I'd like my main to be on max settings if possible and I could disable rendering on the 4 bots running in the background - or should I get a second monitor for that? I wanted to try to run on 1440p or 1080p w/ 144mhz - after some research, more screen real estate seems like it would be better choice for ffxiv instead of "smoother" 144mhz, I'm also worried about possible v-sync/tearing issues.

Would this build be ok, or should I aim higher, or is that overkill?
Should be totally fine with those specs, you maybe can even run 8 + main.

I've got a AMD 8320 8-core with 4,2 ghz, 16 GB Ram and an AMD Radeon 270x OC

ATM after some tricky tweaking I am able to run 8 bots plus my main on high and from the load i should be able to get 8-12 more bots working. So yeah you should be able to totally do that.
sorry for somewhat off topic question but would 3-3.5ghz and roughly 4-6g or ram be okay to run just ONE bot on high lol i currently have 2.3ghz (overclocked) and 8g ram and ffxiv wont run high and not lag terribly i just wanna know what i should be looking for in terms of specs when looking to buy a new pc (im currently using laptop btw i know they are bad at overheating)