MMOMinion

Full Version: Game Crashes on startup and attach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My game is crashing as soon as it opens after I hit start/start all or I manually attach. I was told to update my framework and C++ librabries and ive done so and the other update that I needed.
In the log I dont get anything as far as errors go.

this is what my log says

09:19:01 [V] ==> Lauching new FFXIV instance for character ???????? on server Balmung.
09:19:07 [D] ==> Finished startup sequence for character ?????????? on server Balmung, received PID 1072.
09:19:13 [I] ==> Waiting 30s to launch next account
09:19:35 [V] ==> Lauching new FFXIV instance for character ????????? on server Balmung.
09:19:38 [D] ==> Finished startup sequence for character ???????????? on server Balmung, received PID 1764.
09:19:44 [I] ==> Waiting 30s to launch next account
09:20:09 [V] ==> Lauching new FFXIV instance for character ??????????? on server Balmung.
09:20:12 [D] ==> Finished startup sequence for character ?????????????on server Balmung, received PID 3276.
09:20:18 [I] ==> Waiting 30s to launch next account

any help would be appreciated
First of all, remove your character name ...

Is your character on the first slot from character selection ?
yes it is
bump.
actually all I have running is mse. but ill follow the steps again and see what happens
yeah still nothing
Make sure you don't have a ping improvement utility like PingZapper or something like this running.

Other diagnostic questions:
1) Has it ever worked before?
2) Which OS are you currently using?
3) Do you have anything which affects graphics/DirectX, such as EVGA's PrecisionX, MSI Afterburner running in the background?
4) Have you tried with a fresh install? This means no additional addons, no _settings files, etc.
5) What window mode is the game running in? windowed, borderless, fullscreen?
Yeah the it's never worked before. I just subscribed the other day when a friend told me about it. Running windows 7 professional
Game running in Windowed mode
I Nvidia mother board with no processing utilities or ping apps.
Just crashes when it attempts to attach I'm tried to run it with attach unchecked game boots up fine. As soon as I go to attach manually it closes the game. Next I was considering trying a fresh ffiv install. BTW what Pati call .net framework is the bot running off of? I have the latest 4.5.1 not sure if your using an older version of the framework.
If you're running Windows 7 Pro, I would suggest also changing the following setting to prevent UAC from causing any permissions errors.

Run gpedit.msc, and navigate to Computer Config > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > Security Options.
Change this setting shown here: [Image: xCF4CbM.png]
You will have to restart after making this change.

If it's a 64-bit install, make sure you installed x86 and x64 versions of the c++ libraries and other libraries mentioned in the install guide. The DirectX install mentioned in the install guide is not valid for Windows 7. The DirectX update for Windows 7 is found as an optional "Platform Update" in Windows Update, so make sure you have done those as well.

Also make sure you have proper ownership of the minion folder, should look like the following:
[Image: LTjeXN7.png]
Pages: 1 2