MMOMinion

Full Version: Bot offline?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, Just wondering. My bot stopped working for me last night, it starts the game. Doesn't do anything after that. Bot status says it's online and I've trolled around the forums for about an hour. And I haven't seen anyone else stating weather or not its working. I was thinking it was just me, and reinstalled about 10 mins ago and still nothing. Just looking for a confirmation so I don't beat myself up trying to figure out whats up. I know you guys are busy.

Anyway. keep up the good work. ThumbsUp
What do you mean its not working ?

Can you attach the bot ?
Is it crashing ?
It just starts, the UI doesn't pop up. and then the bot terminates the game after a few. Kinda like when it goes down but normally we get the login error. But I don't get any login error, which is what is confusing me.

I dono, it worked yesterday. Then It had been like 8 hours since I restarted the program. So I did so, in case of updates. It had a small little patch or update. And It hasn't worked since.
Running with Admin right ?
The only thing that updated was the bot. Windows update is turned off, I manually update everything. I have not installed anything new. Unless if randomly my antivirus decided to block it without any warning, I'm pretty sure that's not the issue. Never had issues with AVG and this bot before. I'll try giving it another reinstall later today. Beyond that, I guess I'm done.
Just did another fresh install and still nothing.

All anti-virus software are 3rd party programs. Except for MSE, which is useless, I don't know a single respectable network administrator that even enables it. Your better off with no anti-virus. Which is what you have. But everyone knows this, its common sense.

But once again, It was working before with AVG running. And now it's not? Not even that, it still doesn't work without AVG running. BTW its easy to make exceptions for programs on your AV. Which still didn't work. Not to mention AVG wont block a program or anything without giving you a notice. So obviously AVG is not the problem.

Running as an administrator only applies if your not logged on as the administrator on your computer, which is just common sense. But just to make sure, I tried it, even though it does nothing considering I'm the administrator of my computer that only I use. And hey still didn't work.

A graphics driver update should not even remotely effect the functionality of this bot, so I have no clue where you would come up with that. Not even to mention It's impossible for my graphics drivers to update without me doing so. And even if it did update and some how caused this issue, this would be something you guys would have to fix not me. I don't control which GPU drivers your bot can handle.... But either way, this is not the problem, so who cares.

The only logical explanation is the fact that the other night it was working just fine. And then about 3 in the morning my time I restarted the bot, It updated, and hasn't worked since. Why is it working for other people and not me? Hell if I know, I didn't program it... That is why I'm here. I've reinstalled now 3 times.. I waited 12 hours and then reinstalled twice before I ever even posted a thread.

I'm not trying to be a dick or anything but if you want to treat me like I'm retarded and can't run a simple program that runs itself. Well then I guess I can't help it. If any of these issues are causing this, then why has it worked before? It seems to me, every week there is a new issue. And I would not be surprised if 3 days from now, another admin gets on and says oh we figured it out, just like last time. And then it will work for a few days and a new issue will arise.
1. uninstall your AV. Dont shut it down. This is required and is in the setup guide.(just cuase it used to work doesnt mean after a bot update something may interfere with it now)
2. graphic drivers may not interfere with the program but graphic driver programs like Gfore experience will.
3. Make sure the bot is installed in to C:\MMOMinion and not in a windows sub folder or desktop.
4.Make sure no other overlay programs are running. Ie. Team Viewer, Mumble, Fraps, Gforce Experience.
5. If you are not using hte gui_launcher relaunch features and are using the ATTACH BOT button then make sure you also launch the Game as ADMIN aswell as the GUI_Launcher as ADMIN.
6. Make sure your Minion folders are not readonly.

As for issuse ever 3 days....I've been running this bot on 2 clean installs of windows 7 ultimate since the game released and I have not found any issues with the bot. OFC known issue bugs and such will happen from time to time. but i havent ever had an issue that only my self experienced and wasnt something EVERYONE had. To me your issues seems enviromentaly based and as such we are trouble shooting your issue in this mannner. 99.9% sure this is either user error, or your specific set up. Other wise everyone would be having this issue.
Don't worry about it. w/e you guys did with the update today fixed it. And guess what, with AVG and Fraps running it works just fine. It even works with the FFXIVAPP too even though I don't need both running at the same time. Weird, I thought they didn't work with the bot? Or is it the fact that you guys have no clue how to add exceptions to your AV to allow programs access? Even though I never had to do so because AVG is just too good.

I'm not sure what ever made you guys think that your AV would cause the bot to stop working. I mean it is possible, but even still all you have to do is allow the program access. And after that your AV will not see it as a virus or malware. Maybe someone had this issue before and that is why you guys tell people to uninstall their AV. But that is a pretty stupid Idea considering how easy it is to bypass the AV.

Anyway It's working now.
(09-24-2014, 06:47 AM)gregalt466 Wrote: [ -> ]Don't worry about it. w/e you guys did with the update today fixed it. And guess what, with AVG and Fraps running it works just fine. It even works with the FFXIVAPP too even though I don't need both running at the same time. Weird, I thought they didn't work with the bot? Or is it the fact that you guys have no clue how to add exceptions to your AV to allow programs access? Even though I never had to do so because AVG is just too good.

I'm not sure what ever made you guys think that your AV would cause the bot to stop working. I mean it is possible, but even still all you have to do is allow the program access. And after that your AV will not see it as a virus or malware. Maybe someone had this issue before and that is why you guys tell people to uninstall their AV. But that is a pretty stupid Idea considering how easy it is to bypass the AV.

Anyway It's working now.

first off we there was no change with the bot no update at all pushed. Second off all those programs have "known issues" to cause problems with the bot in the past. just because they work ok with your system doesnt mean they work on mine or anyone elses. when i launch mumble my bots instantly crash. Because of the overlay programs. So you can stop being rude now, accept our help or not but there is no need to be rude. and the fact there was no patch pushed its clear now the issues was on your system.
My mumble overlay has never crashed the bot....? And I run the bot at the same time as playing CSGO or DayZ using Mumble with overlay. But w/e. On the note about no patch. That is weird because yesterday I ran the bot, it downloaded a small update or something and has worked ever since. Fine maybe you didn't do it, the bot fixed it self, because they do that right? MMOMinion has become self aware and fixes issues for you guys. If anyone is being rude it's you, telling me to uninstall shit for no reason and claiming that these programs that have never had an issue before and still don't, don't work with the bot? And I'm required to remove them? You act like this bot is perfect and has no issues ever and if someone has an issue its because of another program running and no other explanation. Maybe the reason you don't think they work with the bot is because you never tried them? Obviously since you don't have them installed how would you know? Serious question? Do you buy every AV and test the bot after every update? Do you test it with every single VOIP every update? Do you have every possible combination of computer hardware to test compatibility? I think not. So anyway. I'm done, if there is another problem, Obviously I wont get help here. Only people claiming the issue is something I'm doing. The most you guys can say is uninstall shit until I have rebuilt my OS. Too be honest, I think you guys would be amazed at the amount of third party programs this bot works just fine with. Because I have a lot of them for a lot of different games and even my job. Anyway, no more help requests from me, and I will not give any more feedback. Because obviously I have no clue what I'm talking about. I only get paid to test programs and debug them and have been doing so for the last 9 years, but obviously I have no clue how to do my job. I don't know why I should care to give feedback, I'm not being paid. I guess I should have never said these programs actually work with the bot and kept my mouth shut. Because in your head, there is no possible way for these programs to work with the bot, even though they do. I think it's user error on your end. Either way I'm done, It's not worth arguing with single minded people.
Pages: 1 2