MMOMinion

Full Version: fate grinding, problems with navigation and more
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

there is a few problems with fate grinding that we did not have before:

The bot has problems to find its way to the fates, it moves on a found path but suddenly stops and walks back, stops again and bounces between these positions until an alternative path is found. This procedure takes so much time that in most cases the targeted fate is finished before (if ever) the bot arrives.

Next problem, instead of ignoring it fights back attacking mobs even when it is still far to the destination fate. Same result, lost time and missed fates.

Another problem occures within the fights, in former times i could move my character and draw the boss apart from the scene to places where there is no mob respawn. That is not possible any more, I can not gain any distance from the boss, instead when i try to move i get closer to the boss until i stand inside him. Hey, it is a bard, a ranged fighter not a melee.

Anyway, I like the bot, have fun
Michael
For the distance with bard. In grind mode the bot never kept a distance from its target. if the mob walked closer to the bot the bot wouldnt move back. If i follow what your saying correctly.

the first problem sounds like mesh problem. I havent seen this happen yet in any of hte zones. try moving your EVAC point to some place else.

I notice my bots only fighting mobs that attack my bot After a fate is completed.
(09-23-2014, 10:56 PM)jackie1234 Wrote: [ -> ]...the bot wouldnt move back...
I was able to do that manually (using my keyboard), that is what I am speaking from and it is not possible any more. If I now push the 's'-Button it results in getting closer to the boss. In consequence I can not manually move to a better position for a safe fight in grind mode.

(09-23-2014, 10:56 PM)jackie1234 Wrote: [ -> ]try moving your EVAC point to some place else.
I will try that. It does not sound very promising, the evac point should not be involved in a movement from the just finished fate to the next one already existing. Right now I use the bot in Southern Thanalan only.

(09-23-2014, 10:56 PM)jackie1234 Wrote: [ -> ]I notice my bots only fighting mobs that attack my bot After a fate is completed.
You lucky, my bot does that constantly while already on it's way to the next fate. If this helps: task status while running to the next fate is MOVETOPOS, changes to GRIND_COMBAT during these fights. Setting is "Do Fates" and "Fates Only".
(09-23-2014, 10:56 PM)jackie1234 Wrote: [ -> ]I notice my bots only fighting mobs that attack my bot After a fate is completed.
You lucky, my bot does that constantly while already on it's way to the next fate. If this helps: task status while running to the next fate is MOVETOPOS, changes to GRIND_COMBAT during these fights. Setting is "Do Fates" and "Fates Only".
[/quote]

Unless I am mistaken, this is done because someone complained in the past that they aggro mobs on the way to FATE and ended up killed when the FATE is close enough to those mobs and they don't loose aggro at FATE area. The bot ended up getting whacked by multiple mobs. They asked minion to kill those aggro mobs
(09-24-2014, 01:58 PM)Shogun Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-23-2014, 10:56 PM)jackie1234 Wrote: [ -> ]...the bot wouldnt move back...
I was able to do that manually (using my keyboard), that is what I am speaking from and it is not possible any more. If I now push the 's'-Button it results in getting closer to the boss. In consequence I can not manually move to a better position for a safe fight in grind mode.

(09-23-2014, 10:56 PM)jackie1234 Wrote: [ -> ]try moving your EVAC point to some place else.
I will try that. It does not sound very promising, the evac point should not be involved in a movement from the just finished fate to the next one already existing. Right now I use the bot in Southern Thanalan only.

if you want to control your bot you need to put in assist mode. other wise Grind mode will control the movments of the bot.
(09-24-2014, 02:14 PM)random73 Wrote: [ -> ]...aggro mobs on the way to FATE...
Yes, I remember, in fates the bot did not fight back aggro mobs that did not belong to that fate. Of course the bot shall fight back when he is close to or has reached the fate, but not all the long way to there.