MMOMinion

Full Version: Chat functions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been looking around the forum for this, all I found was an old thread saying it was in the works, would be nice to be pointed in the right direction if it has been added, if not, are there any plans to support this (short term)
I imagine it not very hard to add, and nice modules could be created out of it, simple text commands instead of GUI stuff, whisper alerters and the like, and a lot more.

Looking forward to some input from devs.
Short term, probably not. It is probably not that easy to add either. If it were that easy, it would have been added long time ago.
(09-24-2014, 02:07 PM)random73 Wrote: [ -> ]Short term, probably not. It is probably not that easy to add either. If it were that easy, it would have been added long time ago.

I don't see the challenge to be honest, just a matter of finding a few offsets like 'SendMessage()', hook the function and manipulate it. Anyone with a debugger can find those offsets, all the devs have to do is write a custom function in their dll inject it in and call it when triggered.

Example: after hooking their sendmessage function with your own sendmessage function you could easily make it listen to commands like "/startbot" or whatever you want.
or hooking the recv function you could make it beep on an incoming message.
I don't know how the bot works nor how they write their program. I am only saying there is probably something since it was asked almost 1 year ago and we have not seen it yet. If it were that easy, they would have done it all together when they implement sendmessage.

Then again, it's my guess.
There is an API piece of SendTextCommand(string), and that's probably the most you'll ever see for chat interaction. FFXIV has a lot of ever-incoming features, any number of which will be higher priority than this.
(09-24-2014, 02:26 PM)random73 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know how the bot works nor how they write their program. I am only saying there is probably something since it was asked almost 1 year ago and we have not seen it yet. If it were that easy, they would have done it all together when they implement sendmessage.

Then again, it's my guess.

It's all good, that's why I was also hoping for some input from the devs in this thread aswell. I appreciate any input though :)
My 'guess' they have the main executable send stuff back and forth that they read from the lua files and have their injected dll run some custom functions with it. To be honest I havn't really looked into how the bot works, but as a memory based bot that's how I'd do it. But that's going off topic :)

(09-24-2014, 02:29 PM)Ace Wrote: [ -> ]There is an API piece of SendTextCommand(string), and that's probably the most you'll ever see for chat interaction. FFXIV has a lot of ever-incoming features, any number of which will be higher priority than this.

Cheers, any chance there's a "RecvTextCommand()" aswell? :)
Also where is the API piece located I looked at the Github page but can't find it, could you link me perhaps :)