MMOMinion

Full Version: Duty mode not queuing in the duty finder upon relog
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

So I'm living at the mercy of the crappy wifi in my building. Generally it's okay, but every now and then it will drop me.

That aside, I've been experiencing a really MAJOR game breaking bug ever since I started using duty mode. What happens is my internet will drop, as mentioned before, and all 4 instances of the game will close with "Network error" in the logs. A couple minutes later the GUI Launcher will automatically restart all 4 instances and log back in. Note: The "Bot enabled" box is still checked when they're logged back in.

Half the time the bots will resume normally and re-queue for the duties, and everything will be great. This is how it's supposed to be. However, the other half of the time they will NOT requeue. This results in all 4 of my bots sitting there in a party with "Bot enabled" checked off for 6 hours or more while I'm at work.

I don't know what happens exactly, but it seems like it might be checking to see if the group is full too early (before everyone gets online) and then just gives up after that, sitting idle indefinitely. Shouldn't it be checking periodically for changes in the group structure that would make it eligible to queue, and then do so automatically?

It's also worth noting that the issue has also occurred when 2 bots disconnected and the other 2 remained online.

Please, I really need this issue fixed because if I can only bot while I'm available to babysit I won't even make back what I pay for acct subs/maintenance.
next time this occurs plz take a screen shot of the Console and take a screen shot of the Dev monitor and duty portion of that.
Alright I'll keep a watch on it, it didn't do it last night but it usually happens during the daytime. I'll let you know
Well, it just happened around the same time it usually happens. This time though, there was no disconnect. The console is clear, nothing new for the past 10 hours. Here's the duty info from the devmonitor:

[Image: t59Cgsr.png]

The bot in the above screenshot is not the party leader. He appears to be stuck in the NEXT_ENCOUNTER task and so is unable to queue. All bots are in their inn rooms so they left the duty successfully, however they did not leave as they normally would; I gathered from their chat logs that they just stood there idly for ten minutes until they were automatically kicked from the duty.

For the other 3 bots it's the same as in the above screenshot, except:
Bot 1: DUTY_ENTER task, Encounter 5 (party leader)
Bot 2: DUTY_ENTER task, Encounter 2
Bot 3: DUTY_ENTER task, Encounter 5

So all bots including the leader have the DUTY_ENTER task, except one party member who is stuck with NEXT_ENCOUNTER.

Now at least we know it's not always the disconnecting causing the issue. ..

TL;DR
It looks like it's caused by the someone being stuck in the NEXT_ENCOUNTER task. When this happens the leader doesn't seem to initiate the abandon duty vote, and all the bots just sit idly until they're automatically removed from the duty due to AFK. After they're removed the one bot still remains stuck in NEXT_ENCOUNTER and the group is unable to do anything. So they all just sit in their inn rooms forever, until I check/uncheck the stuck bot's enable box.

What could be getting that one bot stuck in the NEXT_ENCOUNTER task? I'm losing so much productivity from this that it's not even worth it for me.
Already aware of the issue, fix is in and being tested.
Thats great to hear!