MMOMinion

Full Version: [Question] NavMesh - How to create jump spots right?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

I'm trying to create direction and connection lines for jump spots, but it doesn't want me to connect them, so it's never jumping. How can I fix this?
This is the outcome.

[Image: pilpChs.jpg]
its because it can get around with out having to jump. those are OFF mesh connections. So they are ment to connect two parts of hte mesh that normaly couldnt connect unless you jumped. since it can path around with out having to jump most the time it will just path around.
As you know the bot takes the shortest path, it's actually jumping all the time for a shortcut.
Those two which are connected is already included in the basic NavMesh, when I try to mimic those two I don't get a connection line.

Do I have to do anything more than pushing "Add OffMeshConnection" once, jump down, pushing "Add OffMeshConnection" 2nd time?
I'd like to add even more "jumping-spots" to make gathering faster on other maps.
correct just you just press once jump down press again. i deleted those off mesh connections because i find the bot spinning there alot.
I just ran around hitting random buttons until they connected to eachother.

(10-10-2014, 05:22 PM)jackie1234 Wrote: [ -> ]correct just you just press once jump down press again. i deleted those off mesh connections because i find the bot spinning there alot.

That's because you are a derp.
hehe
Jackie.

I redownloaded the bot and placed it in c:/ffxivminion. It is using the default meshes. in CCH it still gets stuck because of the offmesh connector. Could you confirm that it was removed?

Issue:
I was wondering why FFXIV was shutting down on me as I ran the bot overnight. II saw that once it gets to CCH gathering unspoiled nodes, it will wait for the mesh to load as usual and mount the chocobo and spin there.It does that for a while before crashing.
I think what jackie meant was, he removed his offmesh connector on his local NavMeshes, the public versions are still offmensh connector included, but you can easily delete them.
OH, it's one click (nothing happens), jump down, click again, then it gets created. #derp
Pages: 1 2