MMOMinion

Full Version: "Repair" Function Broken
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So, The repair function used to repair gear at roughly 10%. This was great because when crafting if your gear breaks that can fail the next synth. After a recent update it seems to allow gear to break before repair or just won't repair at all. I just lost over 100 items because my gear was broken T_T Perhaps it was set to repair gear when break to extend life of gear? Doesn't seem to work o.O

Version: Live
Date/Time: 10/10/2014 12:15pm
Details: While crafting with "Repair" function activated, gear broke and program continued to craft without repairing.
Would be good, if you can confirm this while babysitting the bot and see what really happens when your gear gets low.
(10-11-2014, 07:43 AM)Leon Wrote: [ -> ]Would be good, if you can confirm this while babysitting the bot and see what really happens when your gear gets low.

Can confirm: Have babysat the bot, both before this issue began and currently.

Prior to issue: During crafting, gear would drop below 10%... In the middle of the next synth the repair function would repair the gear in the background.

Currently: Gear breaks, nothing happens. It appears that it will not repair until it needs to renew food at which point it will repair.

It seems as though either the repair function has a lower priority than before or it is set to repair when gear breaks rather than when gear is damaged (though that wouldn’t explain why damaged gear isn’t repaired). I’m not sure what the problem is. Maybe the repair function is unable to repair during crafting?

Additionally earlier this week (Monday maybe) I found that all of my gear was at 100% after a completed synth of over 600 units (Normally gear needs repair at least 5 times over). For all of my gear to be exactly 100% after crafting 600 units it must have been completely broken right before I interrupted the bot.

There is a short term fix for this for crafters: set the CP limit on the crafting window. This will interrupt crafting when your gear breaks and your CP drops below the limit. I tested this and the bot stopped working, it didn’t repair the gear but eventually repaired it when the food needed to be refreshed. Not very efficient but better than losing millions to failed synths. If you have gear that doesn’t add CP then you may unfortunately lose HQ’s to lack of control… still better than a failed synth.
(10-11-2014, 08:16 AM)Pureforge Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-11-2014, 07:43 AM)Leon Wrote: [ -> ]Would be good, if you can confirm this while babysitting the bot and see what really happens when your gear gets low.

Can confirm: Have babysat the bot, both before this issue began and currently.

Prior to issue: During crafting, gear would drop below 10%... In the middle of the next synth the repair function would repair the gear in the background.

Currently: Gear breaks, nothing happens. It appears that it will not repair until it needs to renew food at which point it will repair.

It seems as though either the repair function has a lower priority than before or it is set to repair when gear breaks rather than when gear is damaged (though that wouldn’t explain why damaged gear isn’t repaired). I’m not sure what the problem is. Maybe the repair function is unable to repair during crafting?

Additionally earlier this week (Monday maybe) I found that all of my gear was at 100% after a completed synth of over 600 units (Normally gear needs repair at least 5 times over). For all of my gear to be exactly 100% after crafting 600 units it must have been completely broken right before I interrupted the bot.

There is a short term fix for this for crafters: set the CP limit on the crafting window. This will interrupt crafting when your gear breaks and your CP drops below the limit. I tested this and the bot stopped working, it didn’t repair the gear but eventually repaired it when the food needed to be refreshed. Not very efficient but better than losing millions to failed synths. If you have gear that doesn’t add CP then you may unfortunately lose HQ’s to lack of control… still better than a failed synth.

I downloaded the toolbox addon. This mod still repairs gear.
another possible bug, when each piece of gear is repaired the bot will double cast whatever it was on when the gear piece was on i.e. steady hand will cast twice leaving me below what i need to finish synth and ends up just sitting there ive done a temp fix that works just set the last step's numbers to 0 like so

[Image: ffxiv_10112014_092247_zpsd7a2df4d.png]

this enables the bot to continue but the synth will most likely NQ i use auto repair addon only because it has a timed option so it repairs all at 1-2 hour intervals so only one synth will NQ ever 1-2 hours this is the best work-around imo :)
I'll throw in a fix for this in the next update, this is a very simple thing.
thanks a ton :))
also i don't know if it's worth noting but if its not to hard to do please add an option to have "timed repair" and a way to adjust the bot to repair when reaching 35%
P.S. you guys are the shit and MMOminion is by far the most advanced bot out there for ffxiv please keep up the awesome work!!
no difference in repairing at 35% and 10% is there? its the same amount of gil over the long run.
I had a question about the repair function, as I noticed I wasn't losing any dark matter when it repaired automatically. I turned that option off because it felt "risky", or like it might lead to getting caught somehow.... Can you alleviate those fears? Or maybe add an option "use dark matter if present"? Or does it really matter? I don't know what the server sees/picks up on.
Pages: 1 2