MMOMinion

Full Version: Issue with pathing.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Whilst traversing between FATE's my character appears to not be able to make up her mind on which way to get to the next FATE. This results in her running towards one, turning around and running the other way, and then running towards it again over and over endlessly. This appears to not happen in EVERY zone but I haven't yet figured out how to make it stop happening. Examples are in North Shroud or Western LaNoscea where the path splits providing multiple routes to get to the destination. She will start down one path, turn around and start down the other, and repeat this endlessly until the FATE is over. Legacy mode is OFF, and all of the keybinds are set properly.... Any ideas?
I can imagine this to happen in rare occasions with split paths. On how I understand how it decides to which FATE it goes is simply 'distance'.
When the bot decides to take a path (because this FATE is closer) the path somehow on the way becomes longer and it switches to another one.

The only workaround I can imagine is to Blacklist one of the FATEs he wants to run to, so it doesn't get stuck the next time when it needs to decide which to take.
When you see this happen the next time, take a screenshot of which FATEs are up (with exact names) and what is your excact position, maybe we can reproduce and fix it somehow.
It's happening in Southern Thanalan as well. If a fate pops in Zaharak down the corridor and she is south in the large desert area, she will try to path north through the narrow passages, heseitate, go back a ways, heseitate again and just repeat that endelsesly. Her position was around x23y29 this time heading for a fate at x26y20
Does the bot want to head to one or more than one FATE? A screenshot would be best with your excact POS and all FATEs with names which were up.
Did blacklisting a FATE help?
I was going to post on this as well. It was happening to me doing FATES as well in s.shroud and western la nosc. I think a few other places I've noticed too. Character just goes back and forth while in MOVETOPOS until the FATE it seems he's going to despawns.

EDIT: Adding east shroud too, happening through the log tunnels and brush.

EDIT 2: Happening in outer la nosc as well on stairs down to mines.
The issue seems to be presenting itself when multiple routes are available to a single fate, and more frequently when tiny "hallway" paths like bridges or tunnels are needed to get there. Honestly I think you could replicate this just by setting a bot to run FATES in one of these zones. Seems to happen pretty regularly. Once the FATE that they can't decide how to get to disappears, the issue is resolved and they go to the next available one, even if it was right beside the previous one.
Here is a screenshot: http://puu.sh/cg20f/ea204338a3.jpg

While she is running north fixing to head through that narrow path, she stops, instantly turns around, runs away a bit, stops again, and heads back towards the path. The screenshot was RIGHT when she stopped and turned around.
I try it tomorrow. I usually watch my bot like I watch a fish in the bowl :3
Any word on this? It is kind of annoying to see your guy run back and forth for 15 minutes.
Havent tested it, because there is no point for me atm :< anyone else can do some testings?
Pages: 1 2