MMOMinion

Full Version: New character email addresses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I already have 4 characters that I had to set up with different email addresses to open a new SE account. I was wondering how others go about setting up multiple accounts. Is there a better way than starting another gmail account?

Should I try one of the many disposable email sites there are out there, and if so which one would you guys recommend? Or should I just keep setting up more gmail accounts? I plan on making four more characters in the next week and just would like to know how others go about this.
You can try seeing if they'll accept aliases.

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/12096?hl=en
Just gonna edit this out since both suggestions turned out to suck. Attached all 8 bots to the same account messes with the GUI launcher i guess it presents too large of a liability housing them under the same service account.

Outlook does offer alliases also. Not sure if that was tested.
excellent suggestions, I also did not know you could have multiple accounts on the same SE account. Thank you Ace and socalchocobo for your help.ThumbsUp

Edit: Just so that others know, the google email aliases that Ace mentioned wont work but I was able to create another account on one of my 4 existing accounts however it looks like that may have created a problem with the gui launcher. After it selects the data center I get a pop up asking if I want to use FFXIV account 1 or FFXIV account 2. This hangs up the bot when trying to autologin and will close unless I manually select the ff account I want to use. Maybe we can get an update to correct this as I seem to be 90k'ing alot lately.
actually DO NOT EVER PUT ALL 8 BOTS on 1 service account........ first the gui_launcher cant select service accounts, 2nd if 1 bot gets banned all 8 get banned. NEVER do this thats a HORRIBLE idea. Just get an email account and make alias. outlook.com lets you make 10 alias per email account. yeah you are pretty much screwed now. you cant remove those accounts from the service account either. its not as simple as "lets get an update to the bot to fix my mistake" fisrt it would need to be RE'ed so they could find hte info for that menu for them to get that menu they would have to do the same silly mistake of linking bot accounts to the same service account. Which No one should ever want to do int he first place. Linking bots together is silly and can cause you to lose your whole group.
Yeah the damage is already done but at least I only paid $15 for the cd key. Lessen learned. Thanks for the info Jackie.

Edit: I called up SE and had them remove the 2nd account but I had to forfeit the cd key I used to create it. The rep on the phone kind of gave me the 3rd degree and i'm not sure he bought my story (I hope my accounts not flagged) but at least now I can use the launcher to log in on that account again and maybe someone else can learn from my mistake.