MMOMinion

Full Version: Optimum settings/pc build for 8+ bots
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Trying to get an idea of what settings people use to to run 8 bots smoothly. Be it video settings, other tweaks, even PC builds to keep things running smoothly.
Right now running 4 bots at a minimal video setting and only 1 on borderless window, my cpu runs at a constant 90%+ load for all 4 cores.
Running with an I7-3770k not overclocked, water cooled but temps still reach almost 85. A little scared to try running anymore on this build atm in case of hardware damage.

Also GUI launcher is hogging alot of memory, usually only runs for 10~20 mins before crashing from a memory error.

Wasn't really sure where to ask this, sorry if not in the right place.
I can run 4 in ISBoxer + 2 main windows (dont have 8 accounts yet) without an issue and im on a i5 with 16gb mem and some good video card from nvidia~

My gui launcher is usually opened 24/7 and uses under 20,000K, so I dunno.

The CPU is almost always near full load but that doesnt hamper me much. One of the bots runs slower than the others, thats it.
I am using 4bot on both computer but still running smooth. the desktop was built 5years ago
Desktop

I7 920
GTX295
6GB 3channel ram

laptop

AMD A-10 5750m (over clocked to 3.2ghz)
AMD7970m
16GB Ram
i have amd 8350 32 gigs of ram amd r 270x runs 24 bots smooth
(11-14-2014, 03:02 AM)jackie1234 Wrote: [ -> ]i have amd 8350 32 gigs of ram amd r 270x runs 24 bots smooth

Can you tell me if you run any multiboxing software? My PC seems to really slow down when running more than 8 (all in windowed mode and disabled rendering). I was kind of wondering if there was a software solution to this or if I should just build a new PC.
i dont use any other software atm.
i just minimize the games then when i want to look at specific one i unminimize it
Running 8 chars now, had a slight issue with performance for a while. Used some advice jackie gave in another thread of limiting fps the 30 and limiting fps when not active. Also turning off all battle effects and setting display limit for character and objects to minimum. Now i can run all 8 characters fairly smoothly. Grabbed Maxto(9.99 option) for resizing instances. Not the prettiest option but effective.