MMOMinion

Full Version: How to find ID of FFXIV instance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

I just have a very quick question which probably has a very simple and obvious answer but I have tried and tried and cannot see it.

How do I find the ID of the FFXIV instance I have open. I quad-box on a 6 screen setup so have all 4 copies of the game up and running. there are times where I need to re-start the bot on a single instance (such as the launcher crashes or something goes wrong). How do I find out which instance I need to re-start it on? If I re-start the launcher, it gives me all 4 instances to choose from again, if I choose one that has the bot running, it crashes it out.

also, sometimes I only want the bot on my main account and not the others, but I never know which one it is from the list of IDs, is there anywhere that I can find this info out?

cheers guys

- runelore!
the attach bot button will only show games that do not currently have the bot attached. you shouldnt need to resetart the launcher. why not set up the GUI_launcher so that you can launch specific accounts instead of having to use the attach bot button.
Hi Jackie,

That kind for the reply. I can't do that as I already had all of my accounts on one SE ID before I ever started using the bot. If I could use the launcher I would love to, I even took off my token for it lol.

If I am running 4 instances of the game but just want the bot on one, is there no way of seeing which one is which ID ? no problem if not, I just wanted to ask the question.

Cheers
Hey RuneLore,
I have an account with two toons with 1 account as well, same thing had b4 i started using bot.
But i still do use the launcher for my bots, granted i have more than 1 key, but if you only have 1 key, u can set up in GUI and the program will launch game the only thing you need to do is click on which ever service account your main is on, the bot will pick up and continue to login and attach bot to the account.

You can then also set up other character with the same Key, only when setting up make sure attach is not clicked.
This will get you to the startup menu so you do not have to enter your log in 6times, you will have to on the remaining toons click on data center > service account > character.

Does this answer you?

If you use the GUI launcher and the bot crashes chances are the window will crash and then you just have to click start or wait for it to relaunch and then rechoose the service account main bot is on.
If you use the attach button it keeps track of the pid's you have already attached to, and wont show them in the list.
(11-10-2014, 02:05 PM)runelore Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone,

I just have a very quick question which probably has a very simple and obvious answer but I have tried and tried and cannot see it.

How do I find the ID of the FFXIV instance I have open. I quad-box on a 6 screen setup so have all 4 copies of the game up and running. there are times where I need to re-start the bot on a single instance (such as the launcher crashes or something goes wrong). How do I find out which instance I need to re-start it on? If I re-start the launcher, it gives me all 4 instances to choose from again, if I choose one that has the bot running, it crashes it out.

also, sometimes I only want the bot on my main account and not the others, but I never know which one it is from the list of IDs, is there anywhere that I can find this info out?

cheers guys

- runelore!

I've had that happen to me on several occasions where i would have all bots running then i close the gui launcher and then later on 1 might crash and i don't have the launcher up so i relaunch the gui launcher and see all the PIDs again. It's kinda hard to remember which PID goes to which so what i do is:

1. open task manager.
2. in the applications tab i right click the ffxiv's clients currently running.
3. minimize them 1 by 1 til the one without the bot attached minimizes.
4. after i find the client that isn't attached i right click it again and select goto process.
5. it will switch over to the process tab and vola there is your PID for the client.

if you don't see PID's in the process tab, up top in the menu bar of task manager
goto view > select columns... > check PID box (Process Identifier)
Ah nice one! That's exactly what I needed :) many thanks ks buddy.
(11-11-2014, 06:39 AM)runelore Wrote: [ -> ]Ah nice one! That's exactly what I needed :) many thanks ks buddy.

if you restart a game client the PID that have the bot already attached will not show up in the list. so it should be as simple as restarting the game and using the attach bot button.