MMOMinion

Full Version: A basic question: How do we start making a duty profile?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK, I got a kind of stupid question here.

How do we actually start making a duty profile?

I mean like, do we just open Microsoft Word and type in these commands? or what?

I see some real profiles already, but not sure if they are manually typed. If we do need to manualy key in, The format really confuses me, how do I know how many spaces I need to put in before the real command, or when to start a new line.
(11-16-2014, 08:35 AM)Powder Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.mmominion.com/Thread-Tutorial...ding-Guide

This doesn't explain my question at all.

It's all about the commands, which command is for what etc. This is the next step

My question is like, where do we actually put these commands? Do we just type it in Microsoft word? how do we make these into a proper format and correct file type.
(11-16-2014, 10:15 AM)pollads Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-16-2014, 08:35 AM)Powder Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.mmominion.com/Thread-Tutorial...ding-Guide

This doesn't explain my question at all.

It's all about the commands, which command is for what etc. This is the next step

My question is like, where do we actually put these commands? Do we just type it in Microsoft word? how do we make these into a proper format and correct file type.

go to the duty forum and download a file.. check out the formatting there.

Thats how i learnt.
open 1 of the duty file using notepad!!! i think is straight forward and of cos a little bit of programming knowledge.(look at the pattern, is repeating)
(11-16-2014, 12:28 PM)nasoo Wrote: [ -> ]open 1 of the duty file using notepad!!! i think is straight forward and of cos a little bit of programming knowledge.(look a the pattern is repeating)

I give you an example of what I am confused about.

Let's say, I am trying to add an encounter to an existing profile. Then I found same kind of encounter in another profile, so I copy and paste, do a little bit modification (mobs ID, co-ords etc). Then I thought it should work, but it turns out what I added in is invalid commands, probably because the format is incorrect, but it looks right to me!
(11-16-2014, 01:28 PM)pollads Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-16-2014, 12:28 PM)nasoo Wrote: [ -> ]open 1 of the duty file using notepad!!! i think is straight forward and of cos a little bit of programming knowledge.(look a the pattern is repeating)

I give you an example of what I am confused about.

Let's say, I am trying to add an encounter to an existing profile. Then I found same kind of encounter in another profile, so I copy and paste, do a little bit modification (mobs ID, co-ords etc). Then I thought it should work, but it turns out what I added in is invalid commands, probably because the format is incorrect, but it looks right to me!

number needs to be in sequence. so if u cut and paste an encounter u need to make sure all the files is renumbered in order.

can you post the part that you think is wrong.
notepadd ++ use hte commands save as lua. or just open an already made profile and change the information inside. the easiest way(which has been stated about 100 times is to just open an exisiting profile and see how it looks)
Lua is just basic text, you open the file with notepad++ or equivalient text editor, and save when you're done.

There's no spell-check or intellisense for the form of lua that is used for profiles. If you fuck it up, it just won't work.

Hence, read the guide, follow the guidelines, use existing profiles as examples.