MMOMinion

Full Version: Can Launcher start the game as a normal process, not elevated to administrator?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Trying to use the guildwork client for cross zone shouts, Nexus light tracking, etc, but the plugin does not work if you launch the client as admin, which the launcher does. Is there any way that the gui_Launcher could start the game as a standard user?

As far as I have seen, there are no drawbacks to lauching the game as standard and using guildwork and the bot together. I can launch the game from the normal launcher, attch guildwork, then attach the bot and they work happily together.
Rather go to ffxiv.game exe's Properties and set your own User's Security settings so Full Acces. Should do the job.
I've tried that, as well as running guildworks as admin, it just doesnt like it. I've approached the author of gw but he states that there is no reason to modify his program since the game never needs to run as admin.
This should only be an issue if you're running it as admin and the elevated account is not the same as the account you're actively using.
running guildwork as admin doesnt fix it, as I mentioned in the second post.

It does seem as if stan is doing something towards that now, since after today, there is now a "run guildwork as admin" shortcut on my desktop (which sadly crashes and doesnt do much.

It's not a huge deal, like i said, since there is a work around. But it would be nice to be able to launch the client with the minion launcher so that it can relaunch the clients if anything hapens.
Easiest way around this is to launch the game with GW than attach the bot to it. other than this i found no work around without it crashing sorry
Yea, I know, and that is what I do when Im actually playing and want the features of gw. The problem is that the launcher will not relaunch the client if you dc when launched that way.

Like I said, small annoyance, just wanted to see if it was possible. Gonna bug Stan some more, maybe he'll let it work as admin.
If that program hooks the same stuff, it will never work if you run the bot first regardless of admin or not.
Like I've said, launching the game manually, hooking GW, then attaching minion works great, all features work on both. It's the fact that minion launcher starts the game as admin that guildwork doesn't like. I understand launching the minion launcher needs admin to hook the game correctly, but does the game need to be launched with admin rights by the launcher, since a non-elevated game can be hooked just fine.

It's not a major thing, since there is a workaround, just a little QOL gripe is all, since you need to launch client manually, then hook launcher, then launch 2nd manually, hook launcher, etc when you want to multibox with both minion and GW, rather than just hitting "launch all"
Its not because of admin, its because that program probably hooks the same thing we do. If the bot hooks first, the gw program will not be able to find what it needs to hook. Regardless that it works if you run gw first, I can assure you that is the issue.
Pages: 1 2