MMOMinion

Full Version: Quest IDs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying out the quest 1-15 on an alt but it keeps getting stuck. I don't mind it not being fully automatic but what I'm trying to figure out is where I can find what quest its stuck on by the quest ID listed in the bot.

In Gridania, It got stuck on quest 39 as an archer. I tried using XIVDB.com similar to the monster IDs we used to have to reference, but it wasn't the same. Closest I got was opening another quest in Gridania, changing the last 2 to 39 and got http://xivdb.com/?quest/65539, but that is a botanist quest. Switched to botany, just to see what it did at which point it just spammed talking to Bernadette near the Atherpoint

In Limsa I got stuck on something else after it turned in the fishers boat request to the armorsmith guild master. I didn't play around with it in Limsa too long before deciding to copy the skillmanager folder, scrap my install, and reinstall the bot. However if I knew what quest it was stuck on, I could just do it manually and let the bot move on.
Can't you tell by checking which quest is active when you find the bot "stuck"? You can find out the questid for any quest in your log by selecting it, opening the console, and typing d(Quest:GetSelectedJournalQuest()) which should dump some quest info in the console. You can also use the questing info section in the devmonitor window. We don't use the same internal quest ids as xivdb or any other known ffxiv db, so I'm afraid searching elsewhere on the internet won't be helpful.
I can try that when it happens again, but after the reload it got stuck on 39 again, console spamming D = "SetNavPath - Invalid node ID's"
While waiting i went doing quests i had in my log.
Copied in d(Quest:GetSelectedJournalQuest()) and its not doing anything. Quest ID now is 32 and its just spamming the taru in the inn, cause i don't have a quest from him yet.
Altered the d line to d=(Quest:GetSelectedJournalQuest()) and d = (Quest:GetSelectedJournalQuest()) trying to match the format somewhat but no avail in the console.
Seems like the dev console is only picking up what i have in my log, its not allowing me to free search IDs

different console spam...change is good I guess. This didn't stop until I reloaded the bot, even though I had the bot stopped.

[attachment=2510]
It's not "d=". It's d(Quest:GetSelectedJournalQuest()). d() is a function name. Changing code around based on guesswork is rarely a good idea.
Well thanks for the advice, but d(Quest:GetSelectedJournalQuest()) is doing what the dev tool does.. Tells me the ID of the quests in my journal, not where its stuck at.

If the quest IDs were internally developed isn't there a table somewhere they can be sourced from? I do some by hand and it changes, I level and it changes. I get that its fluid.. Its reacting to changes and I'm not patient enough to let it sit, because I can get a alt to level 20 w/ retainer in about 4-5 hours using assist mode as an archer, just happened to happen while I'm trying to get some other work done so my patience is low. Apologies for sounding like a dick.

Like I said in the first post, I don't care that its not fully automatic, I just need to know where I can source where the bots stuck so i can grab the ball, push it past and let it keep going. At this point it ran the level 5 archer quest for me, but now its on A Clear Sign, however the bot doesn't realize that its not done. It skipped interaction and went straight to complete. So I'll do those by hand and let it run again. The difference is that its an ACTIVE quest, so I know where the issue is. When the bot stands there and does nothing, i don't know what it wants to do so I can't help it.
(11-19-2014, 04:55 AM)mysticarchives Wrote: [ -> ]Well thanks for the advice, but d(Quest:GetSelectedJournalQuest()) is doing what the dev tool does.. Tells me the ID of the quests in my journal, not where its stuck at.

If the quest IDs were internally developed isn't there a table somewhere they can be sourced from? I do some by hand and it changes, I level and it changes. I get that its fluid.. Its reacting to changes and I'm not patient enough to let it sit, because I can get a alt to level 20 w/ retainer in about 4-5 hours using assist mode as an archer, just happened to happen while I'm trying to get some other work done so my patience is low. Apologies for sounding like a dick.

Like I said in the first post, I don't care that its not fully automatic, I just need to know where I can source where the bots stuck so i can grab the ball, push it past and let it keep going. At this point it ran the level 5 archer quest for me, but now its on A Clear Sign, however the bot doesn't realize that its not done. It skipped interaction and went straight to complete. So I'll do those by hand and let it run again. The difference is that its an ACTIVE quest, so I know where the issue is. When the bot stands there and does nothing, i don't know what it wants to do so I can't help it.

If you transition through the active quests in your journal while checking the ids using the options I gave you above, you're guaranteed to find the one that corresponds to '39' which will tell you which quest it is. Furthermore, to be honest I have a difficult time understanding how you can't tell by looking at where the bot is and what the active quest in the quest interface is when you claim it's stuck to determine which quest it's trying to do. Are you not familiar with how the FFXIV client interface works?
I'm getting to the point where this is gonna be moot point, but I discovered the issue this morning. Some quests just plainly aren't available until you reach a certain point in that citys quest line, but the bot doesn't recognize that you don't have access to them. This didn't dawn on me until this morning, when i started the Satasha chain and a bunch of quests popped around me.
So while I still don't know what quest 39 was, I'm sure i'll figure it out after I start the Tam Tara chain and start lancer for cross class abilities.

FYI - from an earlier post "Quest ID now is 32 and its just spamming the taru in the inn, cause i don't have a quest from him yet."...
The quest was A Hard nut to crack, which I only found because i went to XIVDB and looked for the tarus name Tatasosa which told me what quest he was a part of. Doesn't change that I don't have a quest from him and probably won't until i start Tam Tara chain.

In a few hours i'll know for certain but as it stands the resolution to this issue appears to be
"The profiles only work for the city you start in, or after clearing the story quest for that city. Beyond that they will get stuck on quests you don't have access too."
the 1-15 quest profiles are ment for story quests. If you have already finished story quests in a different zone these profiles will not work for you. It would be easier to just write a profile that has the side quests from a different zone instead of trying to remove allt he story quests out of the profile and then patch it back to gether to work with the side dungeon.
^ What he said.
At the moment the questing system isn't designed to allow you to run quests for different starting cities as the profiles are designed assuming that you'e done the prereqs for one of the classes that originates in that city. We are working on a more dynamic system that would support the type of functionality you're requesting within the next few months.