MMOMinion

Full Version: Private Forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering if the fact that the forums are not private and open to anyone to read & download files is something that should stay as it is. I most of the subs should be private to subbers only, what do you guys think?
you cant download anything from teh website unless you are a subscriber
(11-24-2014, 05:50 PM)jackie1234 Wrote: [ -> ]you cant download anything from teh website unless you are a subscriber

But you can from the forums. All of the dropbox links are visible. Yeah you can't download the bot, but the rest is open to anyone and everyone.
if they have drop box link yes. but they cant use any of it lol wiht out hte bot.
(11-24-2014, 06:00 PM)jackie1234 Wrote: [ -> ]if they have drop box link yes. but they cant use any of it lol wiht out hte bot.

Right I know that, I guess I'm the only one worried about the repercussions for keeping the forums public, I just can't think of a good reason to leave it that way when it's such an easy fix to make it private.
If you're worried about SE snooping around - I think they can spare 5$ to subscribe and take a look at the bot. If you're worried about the game white knights - they won't pay for the bot in fear of ban and mortal sin, and if they looked at dropbox files - it's just a bunch of text files with random settings and some map coordinates.
yeah i think you are over parinoid. Ive gotten but only 1 ban since launch of the game and that was cause i was TP gathering in open world. I think you are fine. lol

you been here since feb have you had any issues? I havent since launch of game. If nothing happend so far nothing is going to.
I see OP's point, though. What is the benefit of having the individual posts open to the public? I have seen in-game names thrown around in here quite often. That information is now open to a quick google search.

If you want people seeing that the forum and bot are live and active leave the threads visible just not the contents inside.
if some one is dumb enough for their IN GAME NAME to be posted here on the forums then they are dumb enough to get banned. We remove most posts that have ingame name in them. But we are not here to baby sit.