MMOMinion

Full Version: how do i learn how to write files?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
is there a list of commands somewhere? im a beginner and would just like to find out how to write a file with commands for the bot to follow. lets say i want to make the bot teleport to a certain spot, interact with an item, then teleport to another spot. how would i get the cords, item/object id, and the name of the command to write this?

i look at the files that are written on the bot for duty files and quest file... and that shit is confusing as fck lol... how im i suppose to know what all these lines and brackets mean?
(this is just a copy and paste of 2 lines):

-- Persistent Data
local multiRefObjects = {

} -- multiRefObjects
local obj1 = {
["quests"] = {
[253] = {
["steps"] = {
[6] = {
["mapid"] = 131;
["type"] = "complete";

is there a link that we have that explain all of this? is there a guide for dummies, i would really like to figure this out so i could help out the community by creating files that might help someone out. please link something that i should start with, remenber im completely new so as much info as possible will help. thanks in advance.
(11-25-2014, 04:57 AM)Suarez Wrote: [ -> ]is there a list of commands somewhere? im a beginner and would just like to find out how to write a file with commands for the bot to follow. lets say i want to make the bot teleport to a certain spot, interact with an item, then teleport to another spot. how would i get the cords, item/object id, and the name of the command to write this?

i look at the files that are written on the bot for duty files and quest file... and that shit is confusing as fck lol... how im i suppose to know what all these lines and brackets mean?
(this is just a copy and paste of 2 lines):

-- Persistent Data
local multiRefObjects = {

} -- multiRefObjects
local obj1 = {
["quests"] = {
[253] = {
["steps"] = {
[6] = {
["mapid"] = 131;
["type"] = "complete";

is there a link that we have that explain all of this? is there a guide for dummies, i would really like to figure this out so i could help out the community by creating files that might help someone out. please link something that i should start with, remenber im completely new so as much info as possible will help. thanks in advance.

Go in game and open the profile manager. make a new file.

[attachment=2533]

dont bother writing it from a notepad only edit later.

Make sure you have a start and complete for each quest..

Pick up the quest. open the quest log select the quest and pull quest ID.
Add quest.

It should appear below.

Select the quest and add steps.

1st step will be start. select the person who u got the quest from.
Pull Current Values. Step Task = Start.

Etc Etc Etc

Save often.

If you reload or restart make sure you reselect the quest file as it wont show the quest you have been making initially

**** Also once i have done the quest. Prior to completing the quest i abandon it and let the profile run and see if any parts bug ****