MMOMinion

Full Version: cast prevention
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can anyone explain if / how this function is meant to work.

I've been looking for a way to stop casting in t6 for blighted. Have tried this option which doesn't work.

Thanks
oh this button you set up the buff ids the target has or if target is casting a specific spell ID. then the bot stops casting

[Image: otOie8m.png]

would stop casting if target has the buff id 123
Thanks Jackie, I have tried it but shortened the name of the spell from "Blighted Bouquet" to "Blighted" can you see this being an issue?
the name has nothing to do with how it works.... the name is only for your refrences. You need the Spell ID or buff ID this is how it knows to stop casting. Not by the name.
As I thought. I will do some more testing on it. Wonder if it could be my latency causing issues.
and its something your Target gets? its a buff the target gets?
It is a spell being cast by target.

Edit: Further question. Does Cast Prevention module need to be in the foreground or will work if closed?
as long as thats the correct content ID for that spell that should work. did you use the dev monitor to get the ID?
I did. Also the same as on xivdb.

I have been watching how another mob does casting.

Chanelingid = 978 from the start to the end of the cast bar
Castindid = 978 at the point when the cast bar is complete

granted this is another mob and skill, I think it will be the same as what I need.

From my very limited test, it seems that what I would need instead is a Target channeling id in the cast prevention field so that you stop casting before the spell/ability is used.
So not to make another post. Can any mod move this to requests to have channel id added as a field so that casting can be stopped ahead of the cast?
Thanks