MMOMinion

Full Version: Suggestion for a new pc (4-8 sluties)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As the topic says, I'm planning on a new pc, might be this or perhaps when new cpu are released, but ofcourse I dont want it to make much noise, cause i wanna beable to sleep aswell :p.

So what hardware shoulde i be looking into, and believe i seen a guide on here on how to setup multi game instances on one pc, tho if i am wrong small walkthrough would be nice aswell,

Thank you already for your help on this.
Does not look like anybody knows :-(
For 4 duties, an i5 CPU will suffice. For more than 4, you will need at least an i7 or an 8-core AMD. You will need at least 16 GB of RAM, preferably 32 if you plan to run more than 4.
For a video card, you'll have to decide what you can live with. For the most part you can turn down/disable graphics during duties and use the GPU very little, but you should get a video card with at least 2GB+ of VRAM if at all possible. I use a mid-range GTW 760 4GB from EVGA and I find it to be very adequate. SSD's are a must-have for any decent rig, and they are very reasonable nowadays so there's no reason not to have them.

Noise will mostly be a factor of your case and case fans an CPU fans. The corsair h100i self-contained water cooled system will take the CPU fan noise out of the equation. The larger fans on the HAF cases are also extremely quiet and work well together with the h100i system.
^ agreed x1000
Thanks for the heads up.

So a bit like this:

MOBO: ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTREME
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-5960X 3,0 GHz
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Superclocked ACX 2.0
DDR: Crucial 32 GB DDR4-2400 Quad-Kit (Ballistix Sport) (CL16)
SSD: Crucial MX100, 512 GB SSD
Yea, video card is probably overkill, but hey, if you can afford it, go for it.
Don't forget to get a GOOD power supply, don't take a first price.
You don't need CPU like that for 8 bots.
That graphic card is huge overkill.
DDR4 is for enthusiasts (right now). DDR3 2400 CL11 will be faster than this ones (and cheaper).
I would go for 2x 256 SSD's and use two FFXIV folders for that. Will be much faster.