Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
When is Windows 11 support coming?
I didn't read the fine print and I'm running on Windows 11, when will 11 be supported?
(09-14-2021, 01:53 PM)phr34k Wrote:  I didn't read the fine print and I'm running on Windows 11, when will 11 be supported?

I also upgraded last night only to have it not work :( good thing I already have a vm on 10.
(09-14-2021, 01:53 PM)phr34k Wrote:  I didn't read the fine print and I'm running on Windows 11, when will 11 be supported?

I wouldn't expect any real focus on this until Endwalker. It just doesn't make sense for them to update the app/loading structure before an expansion where supplemental recoding will be necessary as it has been for all expansions thus far.

My advice without any personal insight? Don't upgrade to Windows 11 until December 2021~
They said multible times on discord Windows 11 will be supported on the day of its release so october 5.

Quote:

The Bot will support Windows 11 when that OS is Release no Alpha no beta.
Just how did Windows 11 support "magically" work without a need for an update? Seriously, I triple checked. Minion ONLY worked through a "magical" server-side switch.
We really could've gotten Windows 11 support WAY EARLIER if it wasn't for this "magical" server-side switch.
(10-05-2021, 06:41 PM)blankzero Wrote:  Just how did Windows 11 support "magically" work without a need for an update? Seriously, I triple checked. Minion ONLY worked through a "magical" server-side switch.
We really could've gotten Windows 11 support WAY EARLIER if it wasn't for this "magical" server-side switch.

Likely an module  switch that Windows 11 is using that was integrated in another patch but enabled server side on MMO Minions side? 

All I know is Windows 11 has had their RC for nearly 4 weeks now, the release today literally isn’t changed from the Windows Insider Preview which was pushed September 8th~
(10-05-2021, 06:41 PM)blankzero Wrote:  Just how did Windows 11 support "magically" work without a need for an update? Seriously, I triple checked. Minion ONLY worked through a "magical" server-side switch.

Easy to answer and kinda a funny you do not understand it... as a developer you do not want to grant support on a "IN BETA" produkt this gets updatet every single day, windows 11 functionality was inside for at least 1 week I would guess but they did not activate it for the pure purpose of making sure windows 11 would not break it and they need to fix it. 

it was a sound and based decision and you could always just use VM WEare Pro 16 without a problem (Enough keys in the internet to activate it "
(10-06-2021, 06:17 AM)Exerlos Wrote:  

Easy to answer and kinda a funny you do not understand it... as a developer you do not want to grant support on a "IN BETA" produkt this gets updatet every single day, windows 11 functionality was inside for at least 1 week I would guess but they did not activate it for the pure purpose of making sure windows 11 would not break it and they need to fix it. 

it was a sound and based decision and you could always just use VM WEare Pro 16 without a problem (Enough keys in the internet to activate it "

If it breaks, it breaks. Just what could possibly warrant blocking all access in the first place when the easiest solution was to let it be anyway. They never needed to make nightly updates to adapt; All they had to do is to add a label at startup that says "The app may not function properly" while still granting access.
(10-06-2021, 08:53 PM)blankzero Wrote:  
(10-06-2021, 06:17 AM)Exerlos Wrote:  

If it breaks, it breaks. Just what could possibly warrant blocking all access in the first place when the easiest solution was to let it be anyway. They never needed to make nightly updates to adapt; All they had to do is to add a label at startup that says "The app may not function properly" while still granting access.

Any news on Windows 11? I recently purchased a 6 month sub and my new computer came with Windows 11.