Thread Rating:
  • 65 Vote(s) - 3.08 Average
Tutorial - Gathering
NOTE: The GatherManager has been modified to use plain text fields rather than drop downs. Type the name of whatever item you'd like to gather into the item fields. I will update the tutorial appropriately as soon as possible.

FFXIVMinion has gathering functionality to satisfy both simple and advanced users. This tutorial will explain how the bot behaves when in "Gather" mode and how to properly setup and use the GatherManager for the Miner and Botanist jobs. This tutorial assumes that the user has already created a proper nav mesh and is familiar with the process of creating mining and botany mesh markers; if that is not the case, please see the appropriate tutorials before continuing further with gathering setup.

Gathering Options
[Image: SxsR56E.png]
The "Gather" group contains the following settings:
  • Use Stealth: This checkbox controls whether the bot will attempt to use stealth when a hostile mob is detected. Currently the bot cannot distinguish between hostile mobs and non-hostile mobs so it will stealth for any mob it encounters. It will then attempt to unstealth after the mob is out of range.
  • Randomize Markers: This will make the bot choose a random botany/mining marker when the current marker time is up rather than choosing the "next" marker in the list.
  • Ignore Marker Lvl: This tells the bot to select a marker without regard for its level data, otherwise it will only use markers which are +/- 5 levels of its current job level.
  • Change Jobs: This allows the bot to switch jobs between Botanist or Miner based on the next selected marker. It is currently not functioning.
  • Teleport: This enables the bot to teleport to node positions rather than walk. This is experimental, unsupported functionality and MMOMinion is not responsible for any actions taken against your FFXIV account due to use of hacks or botting.
  • PermaSprint: This setting gives your bot the sprint buff permanently. Like teleport, it is also a game hack and thus more susceptible to detection by other players who can see your buffs. Use it at your own discretion

Markers and the GatherManager
The gather manager provides advanced options for customizing your bots gathering behavior. Without the gathering manager enabled, the bot will simply use the following behavior loop:
  • Find the nearest gathering node for current job
  • Move to the node and interact with it
  • Gather any item with > 50% chance of success

This means that in default gathering mode you will not be able to pass any location/item information to the bot to customize its behavior. The gather manager solves this problem by utilizing mesh markers to allow you to customize gathering using the following procedure:

Setup Mesh / Markers
Your first step should be setting up your mesh, saving it, and adding botany and/or mining markers based on the type of gathering you wish to do. When placing gathering markers, consider the fact that the markers are not meant to be placed for each individual node and instead provide a general vicinity for the bot to gather in for a specified amount of time. The bot is only able to detect a limited amount of game objects at one time so sometimes the bot cannot detect new gathering nodes that are too far away from its current position. If this happens, the bot will attempt to return to the current gathering marker in the hopes that it will detect a new node on the way. Due to this, you should place your markers as close to the center of a gathering area as possible.

[Image: 31OOCpa.png]

In this screenshot, notice that my marker is placed directly in the middle of two different types of botany nodes. This means that my bot will be able to access both node types within that region and if it gets too far to one side or the other it will return to the marker location in the center and continue to gather.

Marker Options
After setting up your mesh/markers, the next step will be to customize your gathering for each marker location. When opening up the GatherManager window and selecting the appropriate marker group (Mining or Botany) you will see:

[Image: 6LwTbRL.png]
The botany (and mining) group contains the following settings:
  • Select Marker: This allows you to select the marker you setup previously in the MeshManager window. Only markers for the activity you've selected will be displayed.
  • Item Priority 1: This is the first item your bot will attempt to gather when accessing nodes at this location
  • Item Priority 2: This is the second item your bot will attempt to gather when accessing nodes at this location
  • Marker Timer (s): This is the amount of time your bot will spend gathering at this location before moving to another marker.

Notice in the screenshot above that my marker is placed in an area that has two different types of gathering nodes for the same job. In order to give you full customization, we provide two different drop down menus for you to choose gathering items; this means that you can select one item for each node type and the bot will gather that item when it is available. If neither of the items you have selected are available than the bot will default to choosing any item with > 50% chance.

The marker timer is of particular importance because it determines how long (in seconds) that the bot will remain in a given area. If you set the marker timer to 0 (default) it will remain in an area indefinitely. Note that you can change any of the marker options while the bot is running and it will change its behavior immediately based on your selections.

Example Marker Setup
In the screenshot above, I have placed my marker but now need to set it up for the nodes in the area. I go to the nearest node of the first type, interact with it to see its gathering items, and open my gather manager window to select the current marker.

[Image: 8OB2HV3.png]

I have decided to gather the Gridanian Chestnut, so I open the dropdown menu and select it from the list. Note that you do not have to interact with the node to view its items in the gather manager drop down list, I have simply done that here for tutorial purposes.

Next, I move to a node of the second type in the area and interact with it:

[Image: TIdGNUJ.png]

I choose to gather Marjoram from this node type.

When my bot runs and this marker is chosen, it will now move among every node in this area, choosing either Marjoram or Gridanian Chestnut depending on which is available. Please note that botany has been chosen as the example profession here but the tutorial also applies to mining. Post any questions and/or issues as responses and happy gathering!
YAY. Its finally out
ok i am now creat a mesh and markers
when char. move to next mark game clint crushed :(
btw many thanx for the great jop in this bot

edit : to anyone got same issue when u run clint in window mode DON`t Maximize it ok now no crush
but now When i set Item Priority 1 the bot only take a Item Priority 2
(10-05-2013, 02:14 PM)yofe Wrote:  ok i am now creat a mesh and markers
when char. move to next mark game clint crushed :(
btw many thanx for the great jop in this bot

Having the same problem, I got it to move 3 nodes and then it crashed XD
Do you have any mesh + marker files which are working that we can try out? Client keeps crashing.
to anyone got same issue when u run clint in window mode DON`t Maximize it ok now no crush

When i set Item Priority 1 the bot only take a Item Priority 2

Use Stealth not working
i know this is beta GJ :)
I know its open beta, But im missing alot of the high level items in the drop down list?.

Other then that it works like a charm. ( i just have it randomly picking what ever is available)
(10-05-2013, 03:36 PM)madmoremax Wrote:  I know its open beta, But im missing alot of the high level items in the drop down list?.

I would like to know about that aswell :)

Works really nice with gathering though !
Going to try fate grinding later.

EDIT: I've lurked around the files abit, and i found the "gather manager" in the "ffxivminion" folder and i just added my ore/rock or w/e that i wanted and poof its mining it.
Bot doesn't follow path, it just runs straight wherever it's facing.
I've updated the mining list to include everything I'm aware of. If you find mining items/botany items which are not listed please post them here. We are toying with the idea of changing the dropdown menus to string fields and allowing you to enter whatever you want.