Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 2.79 Average
How to use stealth as a Miner
Hey guys, just figures out how to use stealth as a miner.

You need to edit the ffxiv_task_gather.lua in LuaMods/ffxivminon.

Open the file, and replace 212 with 229.

Then stealth will work for your miner (but not for the other gathering skill).

If you want it for the other one, just change 229 back to 212.

Only downside at the moment is, at least for me, the Bot dosent differ between aggro and non-aggro mobs, so it stealths even if there are only non-aggro mobs, or he need to run near a non-aggro mob.
As far as i see there is no destinction between those mobs anyhwhere in the bot, even the radar dosent show something different. I also couldnt find more info about EntityList, maybe there is a parameter like isAggro but again, i couldnt find info.
So if the admin or someone from the dev team could comment if there is indeed no distinction at the moment, this would be great.

But its better then no stealth and dieing
thanks for sharing this. you must edit that file after starting the bot. (I'm doing it before I login into the bot).
if you start the bot again, he will modify the file and stealth will stop working
I will check this out and modify the main bot code appropriately. Thanks for the information!
This is an issue that has been plaguing me. However, could someone be more clear on what exactly we need to edit?

212 starts with code like " local node = EntityList" while code line 229 is just a blank line. I image we should be replacing a block of code?

I assume the code has changed since this post was made? But the stealthing issue while on my miner is still broken. No matter how many times I click on and off "Use Stealth" it never does while on my miner.

Thanks!
(10-13-2013, 02:07 AM)jbw311 Wrote:  This is an issue that has been plaguing me. However, could someone be more clear on what exactly we need to edit?

212 starts with code like " local node = EntityList" while code line 229 is just a blank line. I image we should be replacing a block of code?

I assume the code has changed since this post was made? But the stealthing issue while on my miner is still broken. No matter how many times I click on and off "Use Stealth" it never does while on my miner.

Thanks!

Under stealth in lines 241 and 253 I believe, it refers back to line 212. Just change it to 229 and it'll work as OP said.
What i meant was that you open the file, and use search and replace, and replace the NUMBER 212 with the NUMBER 229, nothing to do in lines 212 or 219, ive done it in my notepad so no line numbers.
tried this after starting mining still wont cast stealth for me at all
Start the bot, alter the file, press the reload LUA button, start gathering, stealth like a pro
Stealth problems :
the bot will get stuck trying to use stealth or to unstealth while mining. (you can't use this skill while you have the mining window opened.)
resurrect problem :
after the bot dies, the bot won't click ressurect. he will keep trying to move . (the body spins like crazy, I hope that other players won't be able to see that...)
The stealth functionality has been updated...please grab the newest code from the autoupdater and test it. Let us know if its still having issues.