Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 2.92 Average
How to set up bot for trials?
I'm having a bit of trouble setting up my bot so that it will run trials, what settings and bot mode should I use so that I can use my profile for a trial. I have had it work before when it is set on party-grind with the tank as the party leader, but when healer is party leader I am unable to use my combat profile. Am I being stupid or is there a module that can do this for you?

Thanks in advance!
The bot doesnt queue or do dungeons yet
(01-18-2014, 10:07 PM)jackie1234 Wrote:  The bot doesnt queue or do dungeons yet

I think he means just to execute his rotation while he controls movement.
I used assist mode in in Trials and Dungeons. I tried to use party-grind in dungeons, but it didn't worked out well.
But for certain Trials like Ultima's Bane, i control it myself as most of the ultima skills needs to be 'countered' with certain ways. I am not over-equipped for the Trials to let it run lose with assist mode. There are things that makes it really hard to use a pre-build profiles in the trials.
For anyone who has used HonorBuddy, it has a Botbase called Tyrael which is a tweaked version of its Raidbot botbase. Both do the same thing. They allow you to attach a Combat Routine of your choosing, and remove any type of movement or bells and whistles and only perform your spell/skill rotation.

Something like this is needed with Minion. It lets you control your character to avoid ae or directional attacks and allows you to do all the targeting. The only thing that is done by the bot is your spell/skill rotation after target acquisition. This allows you to A) concentrate on movement only (is great for questing or grinding as well, hence another addon called lazyraider that also does the same thing) and B) removes human error as well as time delay which increases DPS to its max (or healing for that matter)

I have an extra wow account and honorbuddy key if the dev(s) have never used it and want to get an idea of its capability so judge whether or not its something they can do or are willing to do. I cant really imagine anything being more desireable for an end game raider apart from an all out automatic profile/routine/mesh for a boss which must be really difficult to do when your dealing with a dynamic event and working with other people. Not to mention some people dont like being out of control.

Anyways, thats my take on it - hopefully someone who's someone sees this and is stirred to action! :) Back to jamming for now <3
(01-27-2014, 01:21 PM)klepp0906 Wrote:  For anyone who has used HonorBuddy, it has a Botbase called Tyrael which is a tweaked version of its Raidbot botbase. Both do the same thing. They allow you to attach a Combat Routine of your choosing, and remove any type of movement or bells and whistles and only perform your spell/skill rotation.

Something like this is needed with Minion. It lets you control your character to avoid ae or directional attacks and allows you to do all the targeting. The only thing that is done by the bot is your spell/skill rotation after target acquisition. This allows you to A) concentrate on movement only (is great for questing or grinding as well, hence another addon called lazyraider that also does the same thing) and B) removes human error as well as time delay which increases DPS to its max (or healing for that matter)

I have an extra wow account and honorbuddy key if the dev(s) have never used it and want to get an idea of its capability so judge whether or not its something they can do or are willing to do. I cant really imagine anything being more desireable for an end game raider apart from an all out automatic profile/routine/mesh for a boss which must be really difficult to do when your dealing with a dynamic event and working with other people. Not to mention some people dont like being out of control.

Anyways, thats my take on it - hopefully someone who's someone sees this and is stirred to action! :) Back to jamming for now <3

yes this is called assist mode. you set the bot to assist mode and you have to do all the movement and targeting it only does the rotation.
(01-27-2014, 04:09 PM)jackie1234 Wrote:  
(01-27-2014, 01:21 PM)klepp0906 Wrote:  For anyone who has used HonorBuddy, it has a Botbase called Tyrael which is a tweaked version of its Raidbot botbase. Both do the same thing. They allow you to attach a Combat Routine of your choosing, and remove any type of movement or bells and whistles and only perform your spell/skill rotation.

yes this is called assist mode. you set the bot to assist mode and you have to do all the movement and targeting it only does the rotation.

OH, cool! I was under the impression that assist mode did targetting and movement. I was under the impression you had to assign a person whom was party leader, and person TO assist etc. Perhaps I misunderstood :P I saw people trying to use assist mode to auto-run dungeons and assumed thats what it was for. I guess that's where the differentiation between assist mode and partygrind mode comes in? Perhaps the latter is the one which does the things I mentioned?

I see duty mode is beginning to be implemented too which is awesome, but if assist mode works like I hope and you say.. im super excited now :) I'm surprised we dont have more end game profiles to be used with it for healing coil or dps'ing primals etc. I wish i understood the skill manager better.. id put some up myself. I do to basic degree. I mean the variables are self explanatory and easy enough to understand.. its getting them to work in the proper order to do intricate things such as monk combo's and prioritization where I am still struggling. Even then it must be something simple i am overlooking. Will just take more time ^^

Either way, eager to see if i cant put together something to use assist mode with :) So if i use it to heal I can target whomever I want to heal and it will use the skill profile to do so? For dps classes same thing? I can target a mob and it will do its rotation without interfering movement wise? How about this, if I am healing and I wish to switch to a mob/boss to get in some dps when Im ahead? Will it automatically change to dps'ing? What im asking is could one profile be used for all of this or would I have to pick one or the other? If that is the case and I am healing with a profile that has things like aero and perhaps virus in it.. do I need to disable those since I am targeting a player? or will those be ignored since they are assigned "enemy"

I appreciate the answer(s) I promise to pay it all forward :P i'm slowly becoming comfortable with all aspects of minion ^^ this bastard game has me hooked too lol. Im being a bad guildy in wow. We're top 500 ww and I totally see myself ditching the minute I can do coil. My FC here raids the same day we do in wow. I meant to leave wow completely but we all know how that is >.<

aaamyhow, getting off topic. Any insight that can be provided regarding the aforementioned would be amazing! Too bad we dont have a rep button >.< Devs? :)
(01-27-2014, 04:32 PM)klepp0906 Wrote:  
(01-27-2014, 04:09 PM)jackie1234 Wrote:  

OH, cool! I was under the impression that assist mode did targetting and movement. I was under the impression you had to assign a person whom was party leader, and person TO assist etc. Perhaps I misunderstood :P I saw people trying to use assist mode to auto-run dungeons and assumed thats what it was for. I guess that's where the differentiation between assist mode and partygrind mode comes in? Perhaps the latter is the one which does the things I mentioned?

I see duty mode is beginning to be implemented too which is awesome, but if assist mode works like I hope and you say.. im super excited now :) I'm surprised we dont have more end game profiles to be used with it for healing coil or dps'ing primals etc. I wish i understood the skill manager better.. id put some up myself. I do to basic degree. I mean the variables are self explanatory and easy enough to understand.. its getting them to work in the proper order to do intricate things such as monk combo's and prioritization where I am still struggling. Even then it must be something simple i am overlooking. Will just take more time ^^

Either way, eager to see if i cant put together something to use assist mode with :) So if i use it to heal I can target whomever I want to heal and it will use the skill profile to do so? For dps classes same thing? I can target a mob and it will do its rotation without interfering movement wise? How about this, if I am healing and I wish to switch to a mob/boss to get in some dps when Im ahead? Will it automatically change to dps'ing? What im asking is could one profile be used for all of this or would I have to pick one or the other? If that is the case and I am healing with a profile that has things like aero and perhaps virus in it.. do I need to disable those since I am targeting a player? or will those be ignored since they are assigned "enemy"

I appreciate the answer(s) I promise to pay it all forward :P i'm slowly becoming comfortable with all aspects of minion ^^ this bastard game has me hooked too lol. Im being a bad guildy in wow. We're top 500 ww and I totally see myself ditching the minute I can do coil. My FC here raids the same day we do in wow. I meant to leave wow completely but we all know how that is >.<

aaamyhow, getting off topic. Any insight that can be provided regarding the aforementioned would be amazing! Too bad we dont have a rep button >.< Devs? :)

this would be called Party Grind mode. which it follows and assists the leader of hte party. Assist mode is "lazy raider" it does the rotation for you but you have to move and target. for healing you just target the boss and it will auto heal who ever meets the requirments for the skills. but you control all the movments. for dps it will dps what ever you target.