Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.11 Average
SMN skills not working...about to go crazy here, Help?
Currently I am using http://mmominion.com/Thread-Jackie-s-Adv...r-Profiles for the SMN job for grinding on a certain mob. As stated by the person who made this it is supposed to work for SMN 1-50. (http://mmominion.com/Thread-SMN-30)

Basically my question/issue is that when I run the bot it doesn't use anything other than:
Bio II, Miasma, Bio, (Virus when off CD), and spams ruin til mob is dead.

I'm a lvl 38 SMN. It does not use aetherflow and it does not summon any egi's at all.

When I press "start bot" it runs straight for the mob i'm grinding and commences using Bio II, completely disregarding anything else such as not having a summon out (which is pretty important) or not using aetherflow, physick, and sustain as necessary.

Many times my bot would get random aggro and my pet would go attack it automatically (when this happens my bot ignores the mob and pretends not to see it and leaves my pet attacking it while it goes off on its own to attack other mobs...which causes my pet to unsummon). And since it doesn't summon any pets it just continues killing things with bio 2, miasmi, bio, and ruin.

I'm going crazy trying to tinker with the settings but nothing seems to work. Why isn't it as simple as putting a skill on this list to make the bot use it? I don't understand why it doesn't use Summon II when I have it enabled and at the top of the list (and this goes for any other skill other than the ones mentioned it uses).

Can anyone provide some insight on how to make the bot properly "bot" without looking like one?

PS: I read the guides backwards and forwards and it says nothing about why my skills aren't working as they should.
The profile works fine, im using it now to lvl up new accounts, You have to set the target to pet for hte summon skill. also the bot doesnt use any skills out of combat. the bot will not attack something that is already being attacked. If you notice when your pet attacks something and you dont hit it. the mobs name plate is yellow, so the bot thinks someone is fighting that mob already. You should also post your questions on the skill profile in the skill thread. With out seeing your set up i cant tell you what you have done wrong. other hten set summons as pet and make sure aetherflow is player and you should be fine.
(02-09-2014, 09:50 PM)jackie1234 Wrote:  The profile works fine, im using it now to lvl up new accounts, You have to set the target to pet for hte summon skill. also the bot doesnt use any skills out of combat. the bot will not attack something that is already being attacked. If you notice when your pet attacks something and you dont hit it. the mobs name plate is yellow, so the bot thinks someone is fighting that mob already. You should also post your questions on the skill profile in the skill thread. With out seeing your set up i cant tell you what you have done wrong. other hten set summons as pet and make sure aetherflow is player and you should be fine.

I'll post future questions there, thank you for letting me know.

I downloaded your skill profiles and basically just started it. I didn't really change any settings from what you had on them (except by moving Bio II above Miasma). But even without touching anything after loading your SMN profile it just uses those 4 skills and nothing else.

I saw that Summon III was default on your profile and removed the "has buff: surecast" so that it would use it without having that buff and it still wouldn't buff. So then I added Surecast in game since I didn't have it activated and started the bot and still just went straight to Miasma without using anything else.

I have my chocobo out, could that be affecting anything?
um i dont think you are using the right profile my SMN1.0a Does not have surecast in it

just put my skill profile SMN1.0a in your luamods-dev-skillprofiles, then choose it from the drop down menu.
(02-09-2014, 10:31 PM)jackie1234 Wrote:  um i dont think you are using the right profile my SMN1.0a Does not have surecast in it

just put my skill profile SMN1.0a in your luamods-dev-skillprofiles, then choose it from the drop down menu.

Hm, that's odd I thought I had placed them in there already. But I guess I didn't. I placed them in that location and selected it from the drop down menu. After using your SMN1.0a profile it still only uses those 4 skills (bio, miasma, bio 2, ruin) in that order.

Any ideas why?

Edit: Added Summon II to the top of the list and had "Target: Pet" selected. Still didn't summon.

I basically just want the bot to summon titan-egi whenever it needs to, heal it, and use basic skills aside from attacks and DOTS such as aetherflow, fester, and physick. But I can't do any of that...and a SMN who doesn't summon or use aetherflow while grinding looks like a bot. I don't really want to be reported so that's why I really need my bot to do a "normal" rotation.
are you using Enhance addon? its either you have the Enhanced addon or you have something set up wrong, i cant help you with out seeing picture of all your settings.
(02-09-2014, 10:54 PM)jackie1234 Wrote:  are you using Enhance addon? its either you have the Enhanced addon or you have something set up wrong, i cant help you with out seeing picture of all your settings.

Yeah, I am using the enchance addon. Should I remove it for your skill profile to work with my bot? I have pretty much all the other default settings for my bot. I don't know much about what different settings do so I tend to leave them alone.

If you need any screenshot or any file just let me know what you need and how I can post that information for you.
yes enhance assist doesnt really work well with grinding. Try removing that addon it should work fine then. you would really need to make a profile from scratch with the enhanced addon. Its mostly for assist then it is afk grinding. My profiles with stock bot and ykmo's auto repair is all you need for afk grinding.
(02-09-2014, 11:07 PM)jackie1234 Wrote:  yes enhance assist doesnt really work well with grinding. Try removing that addon it should work fine then. you would really need to make a profile from scratch with the enhanced addon. Its mostly for assist then it is afk grinding. My profiles with stock bot and ykmo's auto repair is all you need for afk grinding.

Cut out the assist enhance folder and the bot took on a life of its own...kinda crazy lol I think that solved the problem! Thanks a bunch

One more question, is there a way to set a Radius for a grind marker? My bot runs very far away into nearby fate zones and that causes trouble.
just Blist via the blist manager mobs you do not want it to attack also make sure to turn off fates if you do not want to do any fates. or remove hte mesh from the area the fates spawn.