Thread Rating:
  • 43 Vote(s) - 2.88 Average
Tutorial-FFXIVMinion v1.5 "Marker Manager" (How to create/edit markers)
This is the new marker manager, markers have been removed from the Meshmanager.
Click on Advanced Settings then On Marker Manager.
[Image: FnoaeyT.png]

You have 3 different Marker Modes. When clicking on the marker mode drop down menu you get these options.

Marker List: Will go through the list of markers in order either by Time or Level.

Single Marker: Will Stay at the single marker.(Which is the marker in the Marker name Dropdown menu)

Random Marker: Will go through the list of markers in a random order based on time.

[Image: vOreC4p.png]

You have 4 different Marker types you select the marker from the drop down menu.

Mining Marker: When the bot is in Gather Mode you use this marker to set where you would like to mine. Controlled by time or level

Botany Marker: When the bot is in Gather Mode you use this marker to set where you would like to Harvest. Controlled by time or level

Grind Marker: When the bot is in Grind Mode you use this marker to set where you would like to Grind. Controlled by time or level

Fishing Marker: When the bot is in Fishing mode you use this marker to set where you would like to fish. Controlled by time or level

[Image: X5Pdro9.png]

New Marker: Use this to creat a new marker at your current location.

Add to List: Use this to add a marker to the list that has already been created.( You select these from the Marker Name Drop down Menu)

Marker Name: is a Drop Down Menu for all the markers on the current mesh for the current marker type. You can select Markers from this menu to add to the Marker list

[Image: Y0MVZxu.png]

Name: Name of your marker.

Time(s): Time to spend at this marker in seconds.(set to 0 to be controled only by level)

Min Level: Min Level to start using this marker.

Max Level: Max Level to finish using this marker.

ContentID=: Example grind marker, if you put the mob ContentID here it will Fight only this mob(123;456;789)

NOT ContentID=: Example grind marker, if you put the mob ContentID here it will ignore this contentID. (123;456;789)

[Image: mbtpTFo.png]

Higher Priority: To move the current Marker Higher in Priority in the list of markers.

Lower Priority: To move the current Marker Lower in Priority in the list of markers.

Remove Marker: Removes the current Marker from the list of markers.(will still show up in the Marker name dropdown menu)

Delete Marker: Deletes the current marker from the mesh and the list of Markers.(Complete deletion of the marker)

Here is an example of a Gathering Marker. As you can see the Gather Manager has been removed. The priority of items that you wish to gather is now controled by the marker and Marker Manager. Just like the Grind Marker above you have,

Name: Name of your marker.

Time(s): Time to spend at this marker in seconds.(set to 0 to be controled only by level)

Min Level: Min Level to start using this marker.

Max Level: Max Level to finish using this marker.

ContentID=: Example Gather Marker, if you put the ContentID here for the Tree nodes it will only Gather this type of node(Whitelist target will auto add the content ID for your target in to this field)

NOT ContentID=: Example Gather Marker, if you put the ContentID here for the Tree nodes it will ignore this type of node.

However Added to the Gathering Markers are your priority list (also Stealth and Mooch will be found on the edit marker, gather Maps by type is also found here, along with Gathering Gardening materials, furhter more you can set skill profiles on a marker basis.

[Image: vHaA0F7.png] [Image: JhFFrpx.png][Image: xXMu4mh.png]

Item Priority 1: Is the item name you wish to gather above anything else.(example: Iron Ore NOT iron ore)

Item Priority 2: Is the itm name you wish to gather if the first item is not present.

[Image: 3zATUBE.png]

In this case here the marker is in the middle of 2 different types of botanist nodes. I can set Priority 1 to be the item i want to gather from trees and the Priority 2 to be the item i wan tto gather from the bushes.
Very helpful, good thread.
Are the IDs the names or are they numbers or what and how do we get these?
you use the dev monitor to get teh ID for content ID.
Just got this tool and still not sure how this marking thing works. This guide gets me close, but not quite there.

In this example I have gone to all the nodes in S Than for lv35 and pushed New Marker on top of them. I put the time below 1min (It doesn't seem like it knows when a node is up, it still walks there) to make it go to the next. 2 of these succeeded, being fairly close to each other, then it started wandering aimlessly, with many markers still left to do and nodes in them. I have also noticed a blue marker it is including in its rotation, which is on a fishing spot. Even tho it is set to Mining, the char is a Miner.

How do I properly use markers? The default markers for this area also make my character walk into walls like a dumbass. Doesn't seem to be set up right.
(09-24-2014, 09:39 PM)psychorvs Wrote:  Just got this tool and still not sure how this marking thing works. This guide gets me close, but not quite there.

In this example I have gone to all the nodes in S Than for lv35 and pushed New Marker on top of them. I put the time below 1min (It doesn't seem like it knows when a node is up, it still walks there) to make it go to the next. 2 of these succeeded, being fairly close to each other, then it started wandering aimlessly, with many markers still left to do and nodes in them. I have also noticed a blue marker it is including in its rotation, which is on a fishing spot. Even tho it is set to Mining, the char is a Miner.

How do I properly use markers? The default markers for this area also make my character walk into walls like a dumbass. Doesn't seem to be set up right.

Wait, let me get this straight. You made a marker for every node in a node cluster? That's the WRONG way to do it.

If you can get on irc chat, I can help you.
been using single marker for fishing - after the set time i move slightly but soon enough i get the ingame msg i should move and i stop fishing ... how can i fix this so i can fish around 1 marker without being stopped ?
(10-16-2014, 11:51 AM)Mutantx Wrote:  been using single marker for fishing - after the set time i move slightly but soon enough i get the ingame msg i should move and i stop fishing ... how can i fix this so i can fish around 1 marker without being stopped ?

use marker list with 2 points at the same area but slightly apart. set it to move after 300 secs or so works fine.
that is a work around but seems kind of counter intuitive - doesn't the bot have an auto move (for single marker) that's time based?
(10-16-2014, 12:49 PM)Mutantx Wrote:  that is a work around but seems kind of counter intuitive - doesn't the bot have an auto move (for single marker) that's time based?

where is it gonna move to at the end of hte timer. thats the whole point of single marker is to stay at that marker location for ever........if you want the bot to move then you need more hten 1 marker to tell the bot where to move to. to not get that error you have to fish in a totaly different location other wise you will get this error. you just have to hit a new location up 1 time then you can go back to your first marker