Thread Rating:
  • 18 Vote(s) - 3.28 Average
would more ram let me run more chars on this build?
i was planning on making 8 bots for dungeon farming gil, 2 full group of 4...anyhow, i thought that my comp would be able to handle atlease 8, but it wont. when ever i try to start my 7th client, it auto closes after log in screen. so im freaking 2 bots short lol, idk what to do. here are my spec:

hp envy desktop
AMD FX series 6200, 6 core processor
10gb of DDR3 ram
3.5 TB of memory
GTX 660 with 2gb dedicated graphic
3.8ghz (non overclock)
windows 8

i know that's not that good, but i thought it would be decent to run 8 bots on the lowest settings. i can expand to 16gb ram but idk if that will help me get more chars. all 6 of my clients run smoothly without much lag and my CPU and memory are at around 50-60 percent , so the games are not putting huge pressure on my comp, it is also very quiet. not sure whats up. but before i go around spending 500 dollars on a new graphic card or cpu and shit. any tips?? im trying to go for the cheapest route.
I got 9 of 16 GB taken with 5 running at the same time. But yeah, I'd say try to get 6k more.
Maybe Jackie can help out here more.
yeah to run 8 get 16 gigs. maybe get mem cleaner to keep cache low.
alrigh thanks guys, ill give it a go, ill go order more ram right now.
just to update, i manage to get 16gb of ram, and i still cant open more more than 6 clients. maybe my cpu is too crappy to handle that many. i guess ill try to make the most out of it with 6.
you have all settings to min. disable all spell detail in character settings. limit fps to 30 on each client and limit when in background.
wow... yea limiting everything to 30 and using no spell details, actually fixed it.. i can log in 8 accounts now, thanks
yw