Thread Rating:
  • 65 Vote(s) - 3.08 Average
Tutorial - Gathering
hard to say as depends on gear and which nodes you are hitting (theory)

my rings are the weakest and they wear first been running for 2 hours on low level no repairs yet

it will be the limiting factor for sure
I botted botany in Central Shroud for 4-5 hours earlier today with no issues. I've since moved to Central Thanalan and am having issues with crashes anywhere from 3-15 minutes after starting the game

Each time it crashes, the last few lines in the console are:
GetNearestGatherable() failed with no entity found matching params
LT_GATHER->Update() returning

From what I can tell by looking at the minimap, there are no nearby nodes, so I assume this is why the bot is providing that error. The area in Central Thanalan (Spineless Basin) has the nodes quite spread out, which might be contributing to this.

I currently have one marker set up on this mesh. The bot is crashing as it leaves the node it just finished mining. I read in the tutorial that if the bot can't find any nodes, it "will attempt to return to the current gathering marker in the hopes that it will detect a new node on the way", but the bot seems to be crashing before it has actually reached the marker.
thats interesting.
I can gather costa del sol area just fine, but I crash in coerthas and central thal
I had all my problems in central thal at spineless basin but the workaround discussed all over fixed that ---regardless of whether in is off or not before you do anything turn path on and off again before you do anything else!!!! Not finding a node make sure before you start that you have set marker it doesn't set by default have to do it each time otherwise it just runs round randomly and gets lost. I check all my settings before I press start.
Alright, so I screwed around with the navmesh a bit to get some trees that were just outside of the mesh and moved my marker around, and it seemed like the problem was fixed, but it just crashed again. Same error.

I am disabling Show Path each time I restart the client, so that's not the issue.

I watched it for about 10-15 minutes. It would encounter the "GetNearestGatherable() failed" error, but it would properly start running back to the marker until it found a new node on the way back. All was well until about 20 minutes in when it crashed after GetNearestGatherable() failed again. I saw the bot finish gathering, turn around, and start pathing back to the marker for about 1-2 seconds before it crashes.

Could it be an issue with the mesh causing some trouble with pathfinding?

Edit: Just went and remeshed the area with the trees to see if maybe I could fixed the problem. My old mesh was rather large, this one is confined mostly to just where the trees are. Will report back if it crashes.

Edit2: Yep, it crashed. Just gonna go gather some other stuff instead, that area just seems to give the bot trouble for whatever reason.
yes sounds very familiar to me yesterday was either the 2nd hit or just taking 2nd step to next node that I crashed. Not had that problem today but am using my own mesh for harvesting rather than build in as they are in the sky for me in some zones like cent thal. Check your marker is active though each time I have to make it the active one each time I load it defaults to none as far as I can see

by the way I am using the same mesh as yesterday only doing the checks methodically first

One observation I have made as bot does not fail todaySmileSmile When hitting the rock there is no sound but you get the item sound going into your inventory. With the other half baked botting progs -----not the best!!! this was an obvious sign to other players that you were next to a bot. The other was the teleport which I think is dangerous to use. Is anyone else getting this or is it just me
The changelog says that they fixed the problem with no sound when gathering (because the bot does not target the tree/rock) but it doesn't look like that update has been made available yet, maybe it's not ready.
ye I don't have the update either :(
ok ty for that glad it is being dealt with
(10-07-2013, 10:13 PM)burpengary Wrote:  before I did anything I clicked path on and clicked off again in mesh settings. It shows off when you load but click it twice regardless. Made sure the mesh for my test area was up. Made sure my gathering was set and the gathering options for my test area were set. After crashing constantly yesterday at random times have not crashed yet this morning so be sure to click path on and off again before you do anything else. I am sure the devs will fix this but for now this is a good work around

nearly 2 hours without a crash
now started all regular background progs and appears to remain stable
will start smoothping (tunnelling prog) next as Australians always have lag issues and will add to post
started smoothping and teamspeak no problems at all so all background progs not interfering now 3 hours and all stable

ffxiv keep crashing on me with this error all morning =(

[Image: dfah74.jpg]

but after reading your post i've copied your setting and ticking off all MeshManger box after it begin to bot.
i've been gathering for 2 hour in central =) of course with the exception of touching my keyboard so i don't get AFK booted.

[Image: 2qth4kh.jpg]
working for me. with zero crash or error so far.