Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 2.64 Average
A suggestion to vastly improve non-detection.
I just downloaded and started using your bot and I have to give kudos.

This is a really well running bot, I especially like the integration with FFXIV through in-game rendering of everything.

I do have a suggestion though.

Limit the rate at which the bot can turn to whatever your keyboard turn rate is, this makes for MUCH more natural looking changes in direction.

Have the pathing define a path to the next object and then refine that path so that it has the minimal amount of sharp turns in it based on the keyboard turning rate above.

People naturally take the route to an object that requires the least amount of effort by both number of direction changes (primary), effort in the form of actions needing to be performed (Secondary), and total distance (Tertiary).

People also pre-plan movement to an object through obstacles subconsciously, meaning they will always immediately travel in the direction they need to go to get around whatever the next obstacle is in their path. So as soon as you character clears one object, it should orient itself to go around the next one, not wait until it's there and then go around.

Finally, people turn faster when making large changes in direction and slower when making minor adjustments once they get close to their intended direction of travel. So making a 90-180 degree turn may look sharp at first it will slow down (taper off) as the player gets closer to their intended direction of travel.

There are other things that could help with the ease of spotting people currently using your bot but these are the two main issues I have found.

Thank you for your time.

EDIT: So I found the meshguide which already apparently has the functions I was looking for :) removed that suggestion.

Messages In This Thread
A suggestion to vastly improve non-detection. - by droolguy - 11-11-2013, 11:56 AM