Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bot is kinda frustrating
(08-20-2014, 03:41 AM)vilcheat Wrote:  I mean, all I can bot/farm are all crafting items.. I need something that I can AFK while my character makes progress (gear wise).

There is the hunter addon, but mostly it only gives you a warn, so you actually have to be around the computer.

There is something for the Animus book; you input monsters' names and maybe after a couple minute, you'll have to move onto another target and input new name. This also requires you to be around the computer to make progress.

There is the dungeon farming, but you'll have to have four FFXIV accounts and four Minion keys which half of us can't afford.

The only thing was useful for me was the Atma Hunting; which is already done because I got everything I need.
So please, somebody tell me I'm wrong and point me where I can bot and AFK for a day or two without having to check the bot and/or edit the settings.

____
I'm not trying to complain.. I'm just getting busy to make a lot of research myself and I don't want my subscription for both game and bot to go to waste.

i hear ya son. i hear ya. I was hoping that w/ the addition of frontlines and them associating it w/ tomes that I could use that, but that is a fail as well.

For some reason the game doesnt get much attention from bot developers. Dont get it considering its one of the best rpgs out right now and is one of the highest rated ever. Not even getting into population.

As for these guys, I couldnt say. People have asked for these features for a long time but i think theyre focusing on questing. Would be nice to have and certainly a monumental undertaking but.. considering the game makes alts all but pointless, and i have everything capped - theirs about 100 features i would rather see.

Your not alone is all im trying to say brother. Unfrotunately until you can code your own bot, your at the mercy of others.

To be fair, its still early. The game has only been around a year and once the bots mature they tend to get nice features such as the aforementioned. Hopefully sooner rather than later. Personaly im losing interest in the game and i dont want to, but it is what it is. Ive had T9 done for what feels like months and they add content but its all solo/simple stuff or stuff ala tedium that would be very conducive to botting. Unfrotunately its the very stuff that bots dont handle at the moment. Perhaps thats part of SE's design choices /shrug.

good luck!

(08-20-2014, 03:41 AM)vilcheat Wrote:  I mean, all I can bot/farm are all crafting items.. I need something that I can AFK while my character makes progress (gear wise).

There is the hunter addon, but mostly it only gives you a warn, so you actually have to be around the computer.

There is something for the Animus book; you input monsters' names and maybe after a couple minute, you'll have to move onto another target and input new name. This also requires you to be around the computer to make progress.

There is the dungeon farming, but you'll have to have four FFXIV accounts and four Minion keys which half of us can't afford.

The only thing was useful for me was the Atma Hunting; which is already done because I got everything I need.
So please, somebody tell me I'm wrong and point me where I can bot and AFK for a day or two without having to check the bot and/or edit the settings.

____
I'm not trying to complain.. I'm just getting busy to make a lot of research myself and I don't want my subscription for both game and bot to go to waste.

afking for a day or two is asking for an auto ban however. Thats one of the first variables they add when implementing an auto detect feature. I just lost my wildstar account due to that very reason. Careless botting draws very negative attention to the community which causes issues i shouldnt need to explain.

Just saying

(pet peeve of mine)

(08-21-2014, 03:52 AM)vilcheat Wrote:  
(08-20-2014, 08:33 PM)Latty79 Wrote:  
(08-20-2014, 08:29 PM)vilcheat Wrote:  Even botting PVP (Wolve's den) is kinda not working so well :/ I've been queueing for an hour and no find lol

How is that the bots fault?

Heh, I guess you're talking to me since you quoted me. Because I didn't say anything about it being the bot's fault :)
I didn't say bot doesn't work, I said botting pvp is not working so well because the queue is taking long. So it's not the best choice for me either.

it isnt the bots fault persay, but wolves den queue's are a few hours long now because people are doing frontlines. People are doing frontlines because it offers better rewards/tomes. Therefore by the bot NOT doing frontlines.... well yea :P

(08-20-2014, 02:32 PM)jackie1234 Wrote:  you are not wrong....there isnt much you can do solo with the bot

Gather
Crafting
PVP
Atama
Hunts
You can join a MinionFFxiv FC and do raids

I mean yeah nothing to do solo...

just cause you use it with multiple accounts and are a mod, you dont need to be a fanboy. All those things are things he named..... most people are done with crafting and gathering at this point. Atma as well (which he named) . Hunts must have just been added, if you can do this im STOKED and you wont see me again on the forums for quite awhile :P

The minion FC thing isnt "solo" but may be an option for some. This isnt a feature of the bot however :P

PVP it "used" to be able to do. However with about 20 matches a day its not really worth it anymore. If it could do fates WHILE queued for PVP then it may be worth it.
Not to mention for me specifically - the Motive for fates is to level my chocobo which you cant do while queued for pvp anyhow. Why? Couldnt really say.

(08-20-2014, 03:19 PM)Drastik Wrote:  I'm the leader of a clan with 100+ members, none of which know that I bot / some have even spoken negatively towards botters/hackers.
Kinda dedicated being a secret botter at this point :P

I left my FC for a simlar reason. Was number 2 WW but leadership was botting, yet chastized and threatened to report "members" botting. A joke really. But what recourse do you really have via the internet.

Messages In This Thread
Bot is kinda frustrating - by vilcheat - 08-20-2014, 03:41 AM
RE: Bot is kinda frustrating - by random73 - 08-20-2014, 09:37 AM
RE: Bot is kinda frustrating - by Cichard - 08-20-2014, 02:32 PM
RE: Bot is kinda frustrating - by Drastik - 08-20-2014, 02:55 PM
RE: Bot is kinda frustrating - by Cichard - 08-20-2014, 02:58 PM
RE: Bot is kinda frustrating - by Drastik - 08-20-2014, 03:19 PM
RE: Bot is kinda frustrating - by mandau - 08-20-2014, 05:01 PM
RE: Bot is kinda frustrating - by random73 - 08-20-2014, 05:28 PM
RE: Bot is kinda frustrating - by vilcheat - 08-20-2014, 08:29 PM
RE: Bot is kinda frustrating - by Latty79 - 08-20-2014, 08:33 PM
RE: Bot is kinda frustrating - by vilcheat - 08-21-2014, 03:52 AM