Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Call on special filter and combine?
When I play, I play mostly WHM in raids and dungeons (assist mode).

It is very common today for tanks to pull on an incredible number of mobs at once and they all hit at the same time. The simpler afk routines Chirad mention does not work well in these scenarios, and tank dies pretty quickly.

I have created my own profiles that are robust, but also more complex. Many of my healing spell appear multiple times in the same skill profile, but with with different parameters.

How hard should I heal the tank? with respect to how many mob he has pulled? How do I try conserve mana so I do not always over heal him? Who Should I heal first in panic situational? Should healing threshold be different between party members to save more mp? Take into account that there are many healing, buffs, debuffs, swiftcast, raise which adds to a very long and complex profile.

But it does not stop there, we are also asked to do single dps and aoe dps if the conditions are right.

The five filters that have been implemented in the skill manager can be a way to group a "role" in a special "moment" and reduce "interference" of abilities that does not belong to that "role".

Filter 1 = Healing
Filter 2 = single dps
Filter 3 = aoe dps.

Imagine that it now jumps between these filters and can perform different roles in a given moment. Is it necessary? I think so, for building such long profiles in a single lump does not work well. Most often abilities at the very bottom almost never get executed, because of some interference of an ability. Example it stop doing dps because it wanna cast a simple Regen on someone. That would be perfect when performing filter 1= healing, but not while performing Filter 2 or 3.

If someone fall to low in HP, the bot switch over to Filter 1 and perform healing.

I think this is good way to brake down complex profiles, otherwise it will always get stuck in a very log profile. Cutesmile

Messages In This Thread
Call on special filter and combine? - by bizzmo - 04-06-2015, 10:30 AM
RE: Call on special filter and combine? - by Ace - 04-06-2015, 03:58 PM
RE: Call on special filter and combine? - by bizzmo - 04-06-2015, 07:11 PM
RE: Call on special filter and combine? - by Ace - 04-06-2015, 10:47 PM