Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.13 Average
Help us help each other
Hi ,

I was wondering if those who created the 1-15 Uldah Quest chain could do a little guide maybe on just the first couple of steps of the first quest.

I know this may be a bit of work but... If enough of us can get the hang of the basic structure/technique etc to start recording the data needed for 16-50 maybe we can help contribute to it.

Problem i found so far is that when i check the coords while running the first quest the info in my dev doesnt seem to be matching whats in the uldah file.

So i must be doing something wrong somewhere.
Use the Profile Manager, under Advanced Settings. It will do most of the thinking for you.
(12-05-2014, 09:58 PM)Kaeyt Sith Wrote:  Hi ,

I was wondering if those who created the 1-15 Uldah Quest chain could do a little guide maybe on just the first couple of steps of the first quest.

I know this may be a bit of work but... If enough of us can get the hang of the basic structure/technique etc to start recording the data needed for 16-50 maybe we can help contribute to it.

Problem i found so far is that when i check the coords while running the first quest the info in my dev doesnt seem to be matching whats in the uldah file.

So i must be doing something wrong somewhere.

To me it sounds like you arr writing the profile jnstead of using the profile creator. U do not need tp know any of this stuff to make a profile just fill in the blanks jn the esitor.
Hi Jackie, firstly... haven't really spoke to you before - so wanted to say a big THANK YOU!
FFXIV Minion Rocks , totally awesome

Ok onto the reply :D

I have tried using the profile manager, and so far have this file created automatically by it:
(This one for the "Hallo Halatali" quest from Nedrikck Ironheart NPC in Vesper Bay)

-- Persistent Data
local multiRefObjects = {

} -- multiRefObjects
local obj1 = {

Thnx Guys!
["quests"] = {
[697] = {
["steps"] = {
};
["level"] = 20;
["prereq"] = false;
};
};
}
return obj1

It is obviously missing important info (which i don't see anywhere to add via the profile manager)

example: In the 1-15 UlDah[1-15] .Info file you have:

} -- multiRefObjects
local obj1 = {
["quests"] = {
[253] = {
["steps"] = {
[6] = {
["mapid"] = 131;
["type"] = "complete";
["itemrewardslot"] = 0;
["id"] = 1001739;
["itemreward"] = false;
["meshname"] = "Ul dah - Steps of Thal";
["pos"] = {
["y"] = 6.5000014305115;
["x"] = -95.725914001465;
["z"] = 38.52579498291;
};

Just wondering where the extra info is actually pulled form as explained previously there seems to be some confusion with the x,y,z,h co-ords, depending on what you view in the dev module. (i.e teleporter module or playerinfo.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT * Scrap that im an idiot, i didnt click the quest once i created it, i now see all the extra options.. ok now to put my ass to work and put my brain in gear...
im glad you found it. Now we dont need to flog you!
I have a question also, but prob not in right area so i'm sorry about that. I'm trying to add Blood for blood on Rogue skill manager(default profile) I removed the other cross-skill besides the one it originally uses(internal release,hawk eye, raging strikes) and added Mercy Stroke(which works) but Blood for Blood wont.

Ive tried adding the next id/prev id, off GDC, combobreaker, and still nothing is making it go off. please tell me what I'm doing wrong..still fairly new into unlocking minions full potential.
well, after some very frustrating hours lol, i've come up with nothing :D
Kudos to you guys, my mere mortal brain cannot figure out how to do this lol...

I guess ill be one of those who sits and waits for the updates instead of helping out.. doh!

At least i know where all that confusing stuff is ;) lol
What are you having trouble with?
(12-06-2014, 03:10 PM)Orianna Wrote:  I have a question also, but prob not in right area so i'm sorry about that. I'm trying to add Blood for blood on Rogue skill manager(default profile) I removed the other cross-skill besides the one it originally uses(internal release,hawk eye, raging strikes) and added Mercy Stroke(which works) but Blood for Blood wont.

Ive tried adding the next id/prev id, off GDC, combobreaker, and still nothing is making it go off. please tell me what I'm doing wrong..still fairly new into unlocking minions full potential.

Target = player for buffs
Oooooh. I see it now, thank you very much.